Combinig Naims with Pioneer lx81

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I am currently using naim cd5i – nait5i ( both italics ) with a set of Neat Motive 2. I started to build a home theater system also, i recently purchased a Pioneer lx91 receiver, my next step will be a kuro screen and a BD player ( lx series also).
My problem is the speaker set up.

I can go forward with Neat motive c and neat motive 3 combination.
I have not found any reviews on neat motive surround performance. How are they?

Neat motive 3s are quite expensive for rear speakers, if i go for a relative cheap solution will it effect the performance of all system?

What would be the best sub choice?

Any HDMI cable suggestion?

Other option is to set up the stereo system in another room and leave the living room (49 square meters ) for a home theater set up. What would be the speaker choice?

Can i combine nait with lx81 , use the receiver as a power amp, will it effect my stereo performance?

BD player should i go for lx71 or lx81?

I am into all kind of music but classical is my favorite.

You cannot believe the price I am paying for this stuff here in Turkey, is almost %50 more than British RRPs.

As a new to all hi fi i am open to all kind of suggestions.Thank you very much.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
I'd go for the Motive C and 3 if you can afford it, as this will give the best integration. Yes, you could use some other speakers for the rears, but definitely stick with the Motive C to match the front left and right speakers.

Sub choice? I'd be looking at the likes of the RELs, MJ Acoustics...

Yes, you can combine the two systems, but not the way you suggest - instead use the front channel preouts on the Pioneer into the Naim Nait 5i amp, using the latter's unity gain facility to make the integration as simple as possible.

The LX71 should be fine as a player for this system, and the HDMI cable? The usual suspects: van den Hul, Chord Company...

A

Anonymous

emrei

Hmmm, interesting post as it bares some reference to what I am doing also, although I'm aiming slightly higher up the Naim chain....See if I can help on a few of your points:

1. Very good surround package, very musical. I haven't yet decided between a package of Motives or Naim's own n-System. If I go the Neat way, I'm also undecided, as I have the space to actually have Motive 2 front and rear, or even the Momentum range as fronts.ÿApparentlyÿthe tweeter is the same across the 2 ranges so they will gel. I've never found any reviews of the whole AV package out there. I know one forum member here, Gander, who hopefully will see this, who has the exact package you are considering - he fullyÿrecommendsÿit. You can also drop Bob at Neat an email, he's very helpful with any questions.

2. It won't effect the overall sound 'too' much, not as much as if you had a different centre speaker for instance, but it would be ideal to keep it all the same to achieve the best timbral match, especially if playing much music on DVD-A or SACD.

3. Depends how much you want to spend. Personally, whether I end up with the Neat or Naim package, I am going to get Naim's n-Sub. Pairs with both very well, and veryÿversatile in how it can be set up, allowing for multiple inputs and pre-sets for both stereo and AV use...

4. Chord HDMI Silver Plus.

5. No reason not to combine, you can get an excellent result.ÿ

6. You can combine, but do it the other way around, using the Nait for 2 channel duties. There is a utility AV gain function, allowing your receiver to control the volume when connected to the AV input on the Nait. Connect from the front left & right pre-amp outs on the Pioneer.

7. Don't know. I'm waiting for a comparison between the LX91, Marantz 8002 and the top Denon.

ÿ

Hope some of this helps....

I know what you mean on taxes etc ! Some stuff in Asia is dirt cheap, some not, so I end up buying from here and there - good for air-miles though !

Steve.ÿ

ÿ

ÿ

A

Anonymous

What Andrew says......He's more experienced and faster on the keys !!

A

Anonymous

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR VERY VALUABLE COMMENTS.

Any comments on which SUB model for REL etc.

Regards

emrei

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts