Colourful cables - does this bug anyone else

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
for example if you just use one cable no major problem but for example i have 6 bright purple QED HDMI cables coming out the back of my Onkyo 876 how on earth do they expect you to hide them and not end up with the back of your system looking like a map of the london underground!!!

thats not to mention the mains lead, aerial cable, Wii cable, 5 speakers cables sub woofer cable, optical cables ect

anyone got any cable tidy advice

A

Anonymous

It's effect on the sound that worries me. Black you'd expect to be neutral, but purple brash, lively, unbalanced.

cheyworth

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
Tarquinh:It's effect on the sound that worries me. Black you'd expect to be neutral, but purple brash, lively, unbalanced.

Just be glad all cables are not GRAY!

Chris

idc

Tarquinh:It's effect on the sound that worries me. Black you'd expect to be neutral, but purple brash, lively, unbalanced.

Tarquinh the Disbeliever, does this mean that you think colour therapy has an impact on cable sound? Have you got any scientific evidence for this?

Mr Steve

Oct 24, 2007
Visit site
so what colour must i paint my room for the best sound?
emotion-1.gif

A

Anonymous

Black paint behind and around the sides of the speakers as it is a little known fact that black absorbs sound while white reflects it, this will stop bass booming if you cannot move your speakers out from backwalls and corners far enough. The rest of the room depends on your music taste. Black for heavy metal. Pink for fluffy ballards, Blue for..... well blues & jazz. Gold for classical. Silver for Rock. Green for country (obviously!!). Red for pop. White for choral music.

Mr Steve

Oct 24, 2007
Visit site
Then with somewhat eclectic tastes in the house, a rainbow (colours not the band) room. Now should the stripes be vertical, horizontal, or diagonal. Perhaps if the musical tastes are well rounded, ellipsoid
emotion-2.gif

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
AKL:Black paint behind and around the sides of the speakers as it is a little known fact that black absorbs sound while white reflects it, this will stop bass booming if you cannot move your speakers out from backwalls and corners far enough. The rest of the room depends on your music taste. Black for heavy metal. Pink for fluffy ballards, Blue for..... well blues & jazz. Gold for classical. Silver for Rock. Green for country (obviously!!). Red for pop. White for choral music.

AKL you're a chick? I shall be more of a gent from now on!

emotion-4.gif

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
AKL:Black paint behind and around the sides of the speakers as it is a little known fact that black absorbs sound while white reflects it, this will stop bass booming if you cannot move your speakers out from backwalls and corners far enough. The rest of the room depends on your music taste. Black for heavy metal. Pink for fluffy ballards, Blue for..... well blues & jazz. Gold for classical. Silver for Rock. Green for country (obviously!!). Red for pop. White for choral music.

Obviously a bit of a problem if you like more than one genre of music

nads

JoelSim:

Obviously a bit of a problem if you like more than one genre of music

Nope just get Paul Smith to decorate.

A

Anonymous

A chick, are we in the 1970s? It's like Life on Mars DCI JoelHunt.

He He.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts