Cocktail Audio X10 Network music server

• Thread starter the record spot
  • Start date
T

the record spot

This looks like an interesting little piece - saw it mentioned in despatches in another hifi title I subscribe to (sorry WHF team...!), and just checked it out. Anyone who's thinking of downsizing their stereo (me included) could do worse than cast an eye over this little unit. Neat dimensions, no idea of build quality and the spring clip terminals will probably put some people off, but the spec is good as, so it appears, is the interface. Some details below from the Audio Sanctum site:-

http://www.audiosanctum.co.uk/vmchk/Music-Server/Cocktail-Audio-X10-Music-Server.html

T

the record spot

Should've added - there are some interesting options with this; you can have with or without an onboard HDD. £280 without, and then upwards to £480 depending on whether you have 500Gb, 1TB, or the 2TB and most expensive option. £480 for all of this, plus networking, 60w amp and a neat package could be a good option for some if the performance is up to the spec. Can either be a standalone unit or fit into your existing system. Clever little design I thought.

A

Anonymous

If anyone has any questions regarding the X10 we'd be happy to try to answer them for you ;)

Shaun

T

the record spot

Hi Shaun, have you had a chance to have a good play around with the X10 yet? Any comments on the build, sound sound qaulity, etc, would be interesting.

A

Anonymous

Apologies for the delayed reply, it's so annoying that there isn't an option to subscribe to threads like all other forums, heyho. The sound quality is very good, we find we get the best results when we rip in wav (obviously) and when we use the optical out. Using the line-out also gets very good results.

The ever growing list of features is also a very good selling point. I would say build quality is above average but for such little outlay especially considering the alternatives out there we have been extremely impressed with it, as have our customers. We are even getting a few who are coming back for more for presents for parents, children etc.

Shaun

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts