Cobra Plus Interconect for the Elan 30 + Evolution 2 combo ?

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
I cannot speak for you, but I would bet good money that you will enjoy that combination.

I recently picked up a new Creek Evolution 5350 amp on a real good deal, and have been pondering what speakers to match it with. The obvious match would be Creek/Epos so using that as starting point I this morning went to a dealer nearby armed with a few CDs and my 5350 amp and demoed the Epos Elan 30. I gave them a good work out with music ranging from Sandy Denny to Santana and was mightily impressed. Great dynamics, lovely soundstage, and very controlled but not overpowering bass. Quite a small, compact speaker the real wood finish is superb and looks nicer than the Epic range. I was thinking about the Epic 5 but having seen it close up, its just too big for my room.

OK I thought, the Elan 30 looks like the one for me. I can take them home and try them for a few days before making my mind up. Then as is the case with demoes, a spanner was thrown in the works and the shop plugged in some small quality standmounts by way of contrast around the same price. Firstly a beautiful pair of Totem Rainmakers and then a pair of ProAc Studio 115s. Both superb, musical speakers I was really spoilt for choice. I would have been happy with any of the three pairs of speakers I listened to.

Anyways, I have taken the Elan 30s home with me to try out in my front room for a week or two. My gut feeling is that I will opt for these, but the next fews days will be interesting.

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
As a side note, for the source we used an Exposure 2010 CD player (connected via Chord cables) which was a very impressive performer with the Creek 5350.

TRENDING THREADS