Classe CAP-2100 opinion needed.

scubasteve

Jul 6, 2007
Visit site
I have been offered a 1 year old classe amp cap-2100 for 1500 quid. Firstly do people reckon this is a good price.

secondly, i woud love an opinion on how it would fair compared to my current cyrus prexvs, 2*8power. I am driving B&W 805s. the source is apple lossless through a dac magic. mixture of femal vocalist jazz and every day pop/rock music

A

Anonymous

I would love to be able to answer but I've never heard the Classe. I suspect it's quite a (large) step forward and will be a good move for the money. Variety is the spice of life
emotion-1.gif

scubasteve

Jul 6, 2007
Visit site
thanks igglebert. i had a listen today and i have to say it is spectacular. unfortunately the source was a 8 grand wadia CD player so not sure how to really compare.

andrew and team, can you give me any council

Jeronimo

Jul 24, 2009
Visit site
Hello Scubasteve,

Did you buy de Classe CAP 2100? And if so, what did you find out? Is the combination CAP 2100-B&W 805S a good one? My setup includes Classe CP-500 pre and CA-2100 power amps, Rega Jupiter CDP (with Exposure 2010S2 DAC) and B&W 7NT speakers. I'm thinking of upgrading the speakers and I am wondering of the 805S could fit that bill (I hope that's a correct phrase in English). Reason I ask you is that the CAP 2100 integrated combines the CP-500 and CA-2100.

Best regards, Jeronimo

(Netherlands)

csq2

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
I heard a CAP-101 before (hooked up to the B&W PM-1s and Marantz SA8004 CD player) and the sound is quite detailed and smooth. Excellent at controlling large dynamic shifts in music. However, there's a bit of midrange emphasis and can sound a bit forward and bright. Also, the bass could be more extended and deeper. I almost bought one but the power supply was rated 240V.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts