Class A & Class B speaker?

shooter

May 4, 2008
Visit site
Hello all,
Over the last few months myself and the good lady have started to upgrade our system (mainly secondhand & mainly me:) and are now looking for speakers for the system. Reading reviews aplenty we have come accross audiophile reviewers on occasion stateing the speakers are 'pure' class a or b?
Does this have any relevance on the amp you are useing i.e class b, a or a-b.
Thanks in advance.
Shooter69.

A

Anonymous

You might be referring to another publication's classification system, see rule 4) ; What Hifi uses stars.

But for reference the other mag uses Class A to means in addition to the fine qualities of Class B, the said speakers are Full-Range, i.e no restriction in their Low Frequency, unlike their Class B Brethren. Thus high quality Monitors probably are never Class A despite how great they maybe, whilst some huge Floorstanders of note will be. For most of us here, we seem to like our Bookshelf speakers just fine.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Soundsit's designed to confuse. But no, it has no connection with Class A, Class B, or Class A/B, which are methods of amplifier circuit design/operation, and not a quality rating per se, even if some feel that amps using Class A working give a better sound than Class B designs.

Ajani

Apr 9, 2008
Visit site
Neon K:
You might be referring to another publication's classification system, see rule 4) ;

Rule 4????

Is there a published list of rules for this forum???

If so, could someone please point me to it, So I can avoid having my account deleted for violating rules (I didn't know existed)....

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
Ajani:Neon K:

You might be referring to another publication's classification system, see rule 4) ;

Rule 4????

If so, could someone please point me to it, So I can avoid having my account deleted for violating rules (I didn't know existed)....

See the red links at the bottom of this page.

Ajani

Apr 9, 2008
Visit site
shooter69:Hello all,
Over the last few months myself and the good lady have started to upgrade our system (mainly secondhand & mainly me:) and are now looking for speakers for the system. Reading reviews aplenty we have come accross audiophile reviewers on occasion stateing the speakers are 'pure' class a or b?
Does this have any relevance on the amp you are useing i.e class b, a or a-b.
Thanks in advance.
Shooter69.

As Neon K said, you maybe thinking of another HiFi publication's rating system... That Mag uses ratings A to E... So a Class A Amp or pair of speakers is the best available (regardless of price)... It's a unique rating system as it does not group components by price class (as most HiFi mags do) but by performance....

Ajani

Apr 9, 2008
Visit site
al7478:Ajani:Neon K:

Rule 4????

See the red links at the bottom of this page.

Thanks!!! I've never even noticed those links down there....

EDIT: Based on Rule 4, It seems I can reference a competing mag, but I just can't post a link to it...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts