Claim Refund For bad CD Recording? *GRRR*

Sizzers

Jun 20, 2008
Visit site
Today I bought "Some Girls" by the Rolling Stones (re-mastered) at £15 (yes, I know, cheaper on the net!), but it sounds dreadful, and I mean, dreadful. Tinny, distorted, muffled - a total mess (even listening through my phones as I'm tapping this out now). Will be going to claim a refund, but can you do that for God awful recordings, or am I just wasting my time? I'm just so annoyed *GRRR*

T

the record spot

Bought it in HMV earlier this year. Listened to it once, maybe twice. Yes, it's that bad. Depending on where you bought it, I'd chance my arm, take it back and ask to swap it for something that you'd be happy to listen to. And explain why. If they've any heart, they'll let you do that. No reason why not (in fact, Fopp lets you have a disc for up to 10 days and if you think it sucks, they'll let you swap it, no questions asked - used it a couple of times).

As for the Some Girls - common belief is outwith the LP, the Virgin Remasters are a good bet for the 1970s stuff, the MoFi Abkco or the SACDs being the ways to go for the 60s stuff.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
I don't see why you shouldn't get a refund, if the CD sounds that bad then it's clearly not fit for purpose, which is a perfectly valid reason for asking for your money back.

Sizzers

Jun 20, 2008
Visit site
As it happens it was HMV I bought it from, not that that's relevant.

Have about three mp3 tracks from the album which I downloaded on to my phone - they're superb! Just can't believe it sounds THIS bad. Will be taking it back but can't til the weekend now so see what happens. Thanks for the comments.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts