Cinema Receiver for Blueray, Sky+ & Popcorn Hour A-110

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Looking into getting a new amp, but do not really know where, what how why etc……..

I want to connect up to my current kit, a Sony 40W4500 tv, Sony DBP-S550 blueray, Sky+, Kev 2005 (5.1 speakers)
Current amp is a Yamaha RX-V630RDS.

Basically I want to get the correct sounds in the formats attended from the blueray, Sky+ and possible a Popcornhour A-110. I do not have a CD player or anything connected to it, so it is more for video (might play some mp3’s from the popcorn hour if I get it, but this will mainly be dvd backed up avi's, and camcorder avi's)

Is there things I should look out for, or anything I should avoid?

The YAMAHA DSPAX763 looks quite good, but not really sure, any advice wellcome!! (Or is my amp still okay???)

Currently my Sony DBP-S550 is connected to the multi-channel, Liteon 2010 (media streamer) via Digital Optical cable, Sky+ via analogue (red & white cable)

--------------

Why do some amps have video going to them as well, do the hdmi cables (one from each) from the blueray, Sky+ and the A-110 go to the amp, and then one hdmi cable from the amp to the tv? Why is this, to make sure the sound and vision are in sync??

A

Anonymous

Change of plan, now using a Digital Optical cable from my Sky+ box and this has improved my Sky Movies no end!!

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Haven't heard your current amp so it's hard to say whether a new one will be better. Can only suggest auditioning a few with your setup and seeing what you think.

As for the video inputs on AV amps, one of the main benefits is the fact that the amp can do all the switching for you. If you get an amp which can upconvert to its HDMI out socket, this means you only need one HDMI cable between your amp and TV - all your other video components (excluding RGB Scart) can be input into your amp. When you switch inputs on the amp therefore, you automatically get the correct audio and video. If the amp offers the feature, you can also set delay times to ensure lip sync is correct as well.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts