Cinderella Products

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Hi All

This is your chance to highlight excellent products that, for whatever reason, are off the radar of this forum and might be of interest. My list would be as follows -

SOURCES: Linn Sneaky - High qualty streamer with very servicable amp.
DACS: Audio Note - very musical NOS dacs
AMPS: Belles; VTL; Puresound; Electrocompaniet; Sugden - all major on musicality
SUBS: Velodyne - small, punchy and especially those with room EQ
SPEAKERS: Audio Epilogue; Devine Acoustics
CABLE: Telurium Q - Check This Stuff Out - Award Winning and great VFM
ISOLATION: Auralex - Gramma/Sub Dude; Track Audio (expensive but good)
MAINS: Purepower aps; PS audio mains regenerators.

T

the record spot

Some of this you can do as well, if not better, cheaper IMO (e.g. Linn Sneaky). The cable, isolation and mains stuff, well, that's a question of whether or not you buy into that particular church's faith...having found they made no audible benefit to my music, I am happy living without them and their claimed excellence.

A

Anonymous

Silicone filler. Made two pads out of it for under my floorstanders. Biggest positive differance to sound I have experienced.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
the_record_spot said:
Some of this you can do as well, if not better, cheaper IMO (e.g. Linn Sneaky). The cable, isolation and mains stuff, well, that's a question of whether or not you buy into that particular church's faith...having found they made no audible benefit to my music, I am happy living without them and their claimed excellence.

I have come across some great products/ideas in forums like this one.

The fact that I believe the Sneaky (or what ever) out performs CD players up to twice the price and you don't, misses the point of the thread. The idea (even if it was a bad one), is to highlight products that fellow members may not be aware of, so they can try them out for themselves. Telurium Q cable being such an example.

Someone as obviously experienced as yourself, must have seen/used/heard products that made a profound impact on you that others might benefit from.
I'm a big fan of retro gear, and in many ways am still trying to get back the sound from yester year. I still use Celestion SL6 (original one with first ever metal tweeter); MA 852;
A&R A60 and unfortunately my Awia cassette deck has finally croaked.

I can only hope that this thread doesn't get bogged down with people endlessly questioning the wisdom of other peoples ideas, but producing lists of their own, which is more constuctive.........but then again if it doesn't....c'est la vie......and it should get intresting anyway!

shooter

May 4, 2008
Visit site
Good thread.

I've got a few to add here.

SPEAKERS. Epos 12.2. Amassing little bookshelf and if was in production today i'd happily bye it. A little system dependent though, treble could be lively on forward amp's but with good balanced electric's sounded sublime.

CABLE. Kimber Timbre interconnect. Amazing detail across the frequency range. Compared directly to Cardas GR and only the slight lake of weight behind the music made me sell on. A truly exception cable.

CDP. Sony Playstation SCPH-1002. I've had problems with this CDP in the past but set up correctly with good isolation it is a great piece of kit. I've never had any problem 's with it regarding music genre playback and it sound's unlike any other disc spinner on the budget side with it's organic presentation. If you wand something a little different now and then bye one you wont be disappointed. Recommended.

STREAMER. Apple Airport Express. Truly amazing 16 - 44.1 audio streamer. Use it's Toslink out to a DAC or speaker with DAC or use the analog out with is not to shabby either but lakes a little finesse and detail. For steaming, spot on.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
shooter69 said:
Good thread.

I've got a few to add here.

SPEAKERS. Epos 12.2. Amassing little bookshelf and if was in production today i'd happily bye it. A little system dependent though, treble could be lively on forward amp's but with good balanced electric's sounded sublime.

CABLE. Kimber Timbre interconnect. Amazing detail across the frequency range. Compared directly to Cardas GR and only the slight lake of weight behind the music made me sell on. A truly exception cable.

CDP. Sony Playstation SCPH-1002. I've had problems with this CDP in the past but set up correctly with good isolation it is a great piece of kit. I've never had any problem 's with it regarding music genre playback and it sound's unlike any other disc spinner on the budget side with it's organic presentation. If you wand something a little different now and then bye one you wont be disappointed. Recommended.

STREAMER. Apple Airport Express. Truly amazing 16 - 44.1 audio streamer. Use it's Toslink out to a DAC or speaker with DAC or use the analog out with is not to shabby either but lakes a little finesse and detail. For steaming, spot on.

Its great to see that you get the idea behind this thread, and have taken the time to reply.

I see you use Cardas - great cables - its such a pity that price and general availability in UK is so prohibitive, as they do a good job in helping to combat "digitalitess".

TRENDING THREADS