Chord QUTEHD

Native_bon

Nov 26, 2008
Visit site
Hey guys when will this product be available. Am keen on upgraging if i can have a listen to the chord HD. looks like i got the HIFI bug just now..lol. I only got the Audiolab M-DAC for about 3months now. Has anyone had a listen yet.

Even if am to buy must do a one to one demo side by side to see if its worth the extra money. At least we know not to buy by just reviews by now.

Hi Native_bon

The Chordette Qute HD is available as i've had the Chordette Qute HD in store for a few months now :read:

The Chordette Qute HD borrows some of the technology from the QBD76 DAC :twisted: and boy does this pay off in style as for the money the performance of the Chordette Qute HD simply rocks :rockout:

Fwiw, the Chordette Qute HD is one of my standout products of the year :) Nice one Chord Electronics :clap:

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

Native_bon

Nov 26, 2008
Visit site
Hey guys just got back from demo of the Chord Qute hd side by side with the Audiolab M-DAC. If am honest the chord has got a more open sound. But apart from that I could not hear much difference. May be a bit more definition. The guys at the shop said i could loan one of the chord Hd 4 a few days in my system. So i will be picking up one nxt week to audition in my own system.

pete321

Aug 20, 2008
Visit site
Due to my ever expanding collection of DSD albums/files I'm selling my Rega DAC + V-Link 192 and will be looking for a DSD via USB DAC.

I've narrowed it down to 3, the Chord QuteHD(£990), Mytek Stereo 192 DSD (£1029) & Teac UD-501 (£699). Having read reviews of the Mytek and one comparison of the Teac (not available in the UK yet) up against the Mytek, I wouldn't be too concerned about buying blind.

I originally chose the Rega DAC because of it's more analogue sound compared to the Audiolab M-Dac. I liked both, but in my set-up with a Naim Nait XS and Monitor Audio RX6 speakers, I felt the M-Dac made the whole system too clinical and lean. The reviews of the Mytek and Teac lead me to believe they would fit in well with my lively amp & speakers. I'm not so sure about the QuteHD from what I've read. It seems it'll quite easily recreate the bass that I'm used to with the Rega DAC, but the treble and midrange might be too lean, perhaps harsh in my set-up?

I'm going to try and audition the QuteHD, but has anyone got any thoughts on it's sound characteristics?

Native_bon

Nov 26, 2008
Visit site
pete321 said:
Due to my ever expanding collection of DSD albums/files I'm selling my Rega DAC + V-Link 192 and will be looking for a DSD via USB DAC.

I've narrowed it down to 3, the Chord QuteHD(£990), Mytek Stereo 192 DSD (£1029) & Teac UD-501 (£699). Having read reviews of the Mytek and one comparison of the Teac (not available in the UK yet) up against the Mytek, I wouldn't be too concerned about buying blind.

I originally chose the Rega DAC because of it's more analogue sound compared to the Audiolab M-Dac. I liked both, but in my set-up with a Naim Nait XS and Monitor Audio RX6 speakers, I felt the M-Dac made the whole system too clinical and lean. The reviews of the Mytek and Teac lead me to believe they would fit in well with my lively amp & speakers. I'm not so sure about the QuteHD from what I've read. It seems it'll quite easily recreate the bass that I'm used to with the Rega DAC, but the treble and midrange might be too lean, perhaps harsh in my set-up?

I'm going to try and audition the QuteHD, but has anyone got any thoughts on it's sound characteristics?

Hey pete321, I had the QuteHD did not like it at all.. It also sounded thin & lean in my setup. I had to return it... In the right setup it may sound right, but Recent group test from Hifi choice mag.. it got only 3stars... I always trust my ears!!

pete321

Aug 20, 2008
Visit site
Native_bon said:
Hey pete321, I had the QuteHD did not like it at all.. It also sounded thin & lean in my setup. I had to return it... In the right setup it may sound right, but Recent group test from Hifi choice mag.. it got only 3stars... I always trust my ears!!

Thanks, that's what I'm afraid of. I'm going have to try and get one for home audition I think.

pete321

Aug 20, 2008
Visit site
MUSICRAFT said:
The Chordette Qute HD borrows some of the technology from the QBD76 DAC :twisted: and boy does this pay off in style as for the money the performance of the Chordette Qute HD simply rocks :rockout:

Fwiw, the Chordette Qute HD is one of my standout products of the year :) Nice one Chord Electronics :clap:

Hi Rick, have you heard the QuteHD with a Nait XS, and probably more importantly from the point of too lean a sound, Monitor Audio RX6 speakers.

Thanks

pete321

Aug 20, 2008
Visit site
stevebrock said:
pete, can i buy you v-link 192?

i take this will enable to stream 192 files from a NAS to spdif?

I don't think we're allowed to talk sales here, have a look on a well known auction site and send me a message from there. :cheers:

TRENDING THREADS