Chord PowerChords

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Messiah

Where's David when you need him?
emotion-1.gif

A

Anonymous

sorry to hear about folks who have missed out here.

powerchords have impressed me so far, but its ongoing...

fayeanddavid

May 27, 2009
Visit site
Messiah:Where's David when you need him?
emotion-1.gif

Hmmm..................my thoughts also.

The guys on the sales e mail response team are struggling to offer a solution apart from "out of stock of those, but these (same item) are in stock at the new (higher) price!!

A

Anonymous

fayeanddavid:

emotion-1.gif

Hmmm..................my thoughts also.

The guys on the sales e mail response team are struggling to offer a solution apart from "out of stock of those, but these (same item) are in stock at the new (higher) price!!

"Out of Stock" but available at the higher price?

I'm " Confused.com "

fayeanddavid

May 27, 2009
Visit site
cheyworth:

If stock was limited it would have been nice for it to have said on the website!

Chris

did mention this in my e mail to them, as I did for a specials cut off date, but as I said I think the sales support guys are struggling.

Just bizarre that they are, as said before, out of stock at that price, but in stock at the higher price.

Be good to have some sort of explanation viz; disconitnued line, loss leader/stock special, limited quantity etc rather than the brick wall.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Sorry you missed out Sonic Dreamer. We did have plenty of stock of these, and the offer was posted way back in mid January. Since then stocks had got lower, and obviously at some point we are going to run out! Sorry
emotion-10.gif

The best thing to do with offers like that is call me directly, that way stock can be checked and put to one side, rather than placing orders on the net which then wait to be processed.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
True Blue:Did they take payment? If they did they have to honour that price

When orders are placed online, no money is taken until we despatch items. If you take payments instantly and then let down by manufacturers, you end up with a lot of refunds.....

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
fayeanddavid: Aaaaargh.............................no stock!!!!

Not good enough somehow, I understand the problem of no stock..................but there doesn't seemto be a solution having spoken to them, not even an inkling that stock was limited.

Unfortunately, towards the end, they were limited stock. We don't have any stock levels on our website - it's something we looked at doing, but found it caused more problems than it solved. Also, by the time we update the website to say limited stock or similar, the item has usually ran out and then we'd have to change the website again to remove the limited stock message.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
emotion-1.gif

Sorry, I was rather busy yesterday sorting out something out which is wil remain a secret for the time being.....until Thursday anyway.

So I'm here now, and trying to sort it out - I honestly didn't lok at this thread until yesterday, but as I said, was a little busy, and didn't get back on here until this morning.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
cheyworth: If stock was limited it would have been nice for it to have said on the website!

Chris

As already stated, we did once look into having stock levels on the website, but it turned out it caused more problems than it would cure. Unfortunately.

For any stock levels, especially those that are discounted, the HiFix team can be reached on 02476 631707, or myself at Frank Harvey on 02476 525200.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
fayeanddavid:did mention this in my e mail to them, as I did for a specials cut off date, but as I said I think the sales support guys are struggling.

Just bizarre that they are, as said before, out of stock at that price, but in stock at the higher price.

Be good to have some sort of explanation viz; disconitnued line, loss leader/stock special, limited quantity etc rather than the brick wall.

The product isn't discontinued. One of the HiFix guys sent out a generic e-mail which is normally used for actual discontinued items, rather than a personal one stating the actual reason for no stock at that price - the two guys who run HiFix have been extremely busy, and thought that this would save time. So please accept my apologies, on their behalf, for any confusion.

fayeanddavid

May 27, 2009
Visit site
FrankHarveyHiFi:fayeanddavid:did mention this in my e mail to them, as I did for a specials cut off date, but as I said I think the sales support guys are struggling.

The product isn't discontinued. One of the HiFix guys sent out a generic e-mail which is normally used for actual discontinued items, rather than a personal one stating the actual reason for no stock at that price - the two guys who run HiFix have been extremely busy, and thought that this would save time. So please accept my apologies, on their behalf, for any confusion.

david

I think the issue here is that orders were placed in good faith with you, with no indication at all that they would not be honoured due to whatever reason.

To go from a £170.00 order Friday) to a £300.00 order (Monday) for the same thing takes some understanding

Yes??

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
fayeanddavid:David

I think the issue here is that orders were placed in good faith with you, with no indication at all that they would not be honoured due to whatever reason.

To go from a £170.00 order Friday) to a £300.00 order (Monday) for the same thing takes some understanding

Yes??

Because there are no stock levels on the website, and with our "costsavers" being of limited quantity, there will be the possibility of this happening, in just the same way as when you see a cheap Bluray on Play, which you order, then get an e-mail saying no more stock. Because the cheaper price was of limited stock, as with any item, when they run out, that item will then revert back to normal price, because any stock after that would need to be ordered from the manufacturer and be invoiced to us at the normal trade price, not the cheaper trade price that was given to us in order to do the deal in the first place.

I have just been told that the offer had been running since just before Christmas - we have to run out some time! Of course, we're not allowed to state our own deals here, so it does rely on forum members spotting them and passing them on as soon as possible....

fayeanddavid

May 27, 2009
Visit site
FrankHarveyHiFi:fayeanddavid:David

Yes??

Because there are no stock levels on the website, and with our "costsavers" being of limited quantity, there will be the possibility of this happening, in just the same way as when you see a cheap Bluray on Play, which you order, then get an e-mail saying no more stock. Because the cheaper price was of limited stock, as with any item, when they run out, that item will then revert back to normal price, because any stock after that would need to be ordered from the manufacturer and be invoiced to us at the normal trade price, not the cheaper trade price that was given to us in order to do the deal in the first place.

I have just been told that the offer had been running since just before Christmas - we have to run out some time! Of course, we're not allowed to state our own deals here, so it does rely on forum members spotting them and passing them on as soon as possible....

Davcid,

No matter what I or you say there would be no resolution, much discussion and possibly argument but no resolution!

In any case cables now ordered from Lee, so I wait in anticipation.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
We did try and sort a deal out this morning with Chord for members here who missed out, but they weren't playing ball. We would have been able to do a better price for you, but Chord increased trade prices this year for longstanding dealers who have given them strong support over the years. Nice move Chord.

fayeanddavid

May 27, 2009
Visit site
FrankHarveyHiFi:

We did try and sort a deal out this morning with Chord for members here who missed out, but they weren't playing ball. We would have been able to do a better price for you, but Chord increased trade prices this year for longstanding dealers who have given them strong support over the years. Nice move Chord.

Chord.............any takers?

A

Anonymous

FrankHarveyHiFi:

emotion-1.gif

Sorry, I was rather busy yesterday sorting out something out which is wil remain a secret for the time being.....until Thursday anyway.

Mmmmmmmmm I love secrets

Don't want to miss out when it is revealed , so where do I keep a look out for it?

A

Anonymous

fayeanddavid:FrankHarveyHiFi:

Seems to me like Chord were trying to compete with the Russ Andrews Sale by stealth

Now the Sale is finished up go the prices
emotion-9.gif

fayeanddavid

May 27, 2009
Visit site
lesmor:fayeanddavid:FrankHarveyHiFi:

Seems to me like Chord were trying to compete with the Russ Andrews Sale by stealth

Now the Sale is finished up go the prices
emotion-9.gif

At least Russ Andrews had a clear end of sale date, more than was achieved with HiFix

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
fayeanddavid:At least Russ Andrews had a clear end of sale date, more than was achieved with HiFix

If we could predict the exact point when we run out of limited, reduced price (due to a good buy in price) stock.....
emotion-1.gif

The problem is that once someone gets wind of a deal, it's then mentioned on a forum, so you get many more ordering at the same time - there's no way of predicting the end of a clearance stock run when something like that happens.

fayeanddavid

May 27, 2009
Visit site
FrankHarveyHiFi:

fayeanddavid:At least Russ Andrews had a clear end of sale date, more than was achieved with HiFix

If we could predict the exact point when we run out of limited, reduced price (due to a good buy in price) stock.....
emotion-1.gif

The problem is that once someone gets wind of a deal, it's then mentioned on a forum, so you get many more ordering at the same time - there's no way of predicting the end of a clearance stock run when something like that happens.

As mentioned before, we can debate, nay argue, but we will not agree.

I believe you got it wrong, you are defending your corner as best you can.

Nuff said!

TRENDING THREADS