Chord Poly

S

SemiChronic

Chord have announced the Poly.

Its a piggy back streamer thingy for the Mojo, capable of DSD256 etc etc

No link because i couldnt be bothered :)

jjbomber

jjbomber said:
https://www.whathifi.com/chord/poly/review

1. you have tp umplug all other digital inputs on the Mojo to work it through your hi-fi.

2. Short 9 hour battery life

3. Can't be used with the mains.

4. Horror to set up for DLNA

5. No Chord app available.

6. No Chromecast yet.

How on earth does it get 5 stars? *scratch_one-s_head**scratch_one-s_head**scratch_one-s_head*

jjbomber said:
jjbomber said:
https://www.whathifi.com/chord/poly/review

1. you have tp umplug all other digital inputs on the Mojo to work it through your hi-fi.

2. Short 9 hour battery life

3. Can't be used with the mains.

4. Horror to set up for DLNA

5. No Chord app available.

6. No Chromecast yet.

How on earth does it get 5 stars? *scratch_one-s_head**scratch_one-s_head**scratch_one-s_head*

I.e. possibly useful to a limited number of people....

It gets five stars because it's from Chord, and they can do no wrong.....who worries about battery life anyway there's always a mains plug around.... oh, hang on...

insider9

At £500 (just for Poly) you could compare it to Bluesound Node 2 and Auralic Aries Mini. Both have better apps and built in dac. At £900 for Mojo and Poly there's quite a choice. I'd rather spend £999 for 2Qute and £20 for Chromecast Audio or plug my mobile into it. But that's just me.

insider9 said:
At £500 (just for Poly) you could compare it to Bluesound Node 2 and Auralic Aries Mini. Both have better apps and built in dac. At £900 for Mojo and Poly there's quite a choice. I'd rather spend £999 for 2Qute and £20 for Chromecast Audio or plug my mobile into it. But that's just me.

Neither of those are exactly portable are they..... this is a portable hifi solution by Chord. There is no real alternative.

insider9

Al ears said:
insider9 said:

Neither of those are exactly portable are they..... this is a portable hifi solution by Chord. There is no real alternative.
Sure but who would wirelessly stream from their phone or DAP to Mojo+Poly on the go via WiFi using DLNA? That's surely a feature to use at home. On the go Bluetooth perhaps. Could you justify the outlay?

The extra size, weight, inconvenience of charging might as well connect your phone with a micro USB cable when on the go or simply use a DAP.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts