Chord Electronics of UK not think CD transport important no more?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Early I read an article about these Chord DAC and the Bluetooth technologie they use, in which a reviewer thought he was hearing the sound from a CD, but was in fact hearing WAV files streamed from a mobile phone.

Post edited - house rules. Please do not link to other magazines, and quoting from them may be an infringement of copyright.

So I am thinking that digital transport isn't much of the sound. I am told Bluetooth bits are only transferring at 3 mega bits every second so if maybe use WiFi device like Airport Express this is 100 mega bit per second.

I become more and more scare of buying expensive CD transport for my Cyrus DACX.

Is a CD just holding a digital file? Is it fine for digital file to hold on phone or PC?

Santino

A

Anonymous

umm didnt you start a similar thread on this topic before? what you have quoted is one reviewers opinion of what he has heard. That is not to say the reviewers view isnt valid - it is. however, you have to wonder if that system sounded so good using a mobile phone as a source then how good would it have sounded using a top notch transport.

also, considering Chord make one of the most expensive CDPs on the market, i doubt they would announce transports as a redundant technology...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts