Chord Company Signature bargain?

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
I have managed to win on Ebay a 1m pair of the above interconnects for £175. Can anyone (Clare, Andrew et al) if there is a version 1 and 2 or if it's how I understand, just one version. If so, £300 odd off the rrp cannot be a bad deal! One thing the seller mentioned was that it has no earthing points on the cable and no earthing leads with it. I don't understand what this is. Do you need earthing points/leads? Many thanks in advance for any help.

A

Anonymous

http://www.chord.co.uk/chordweb/signature_tech.htm
I dont know anything about earthing points but this link should help?

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="heystak"]http://www.chord.co.uk/chordweb/signature_tech.htm

I dont know anything about earthing points but this link should help?
[/quote] Thanks for that link heystak. Looks like I got a deal! I will try it with my set up and chew over whether to sell my Anthem or the Sig.

Charlie Jefferson

Sep 2, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="Gerrardasnails"]1m pair of the above interconnects for £175.[/quote]

Great price for a great interconnect.

[quote user="Gerrardasnails"]no earthing points on the cable and no earthing leads with it. I don't understand what this is. Do you need earthing points/leads?[/quote]

Me neither. Mine have been languishing, gathering dust for over a year now. Terrible but true. My shame is now aired.

A

Anonymous

Apparently they come with some small crocodile clip earthing leads, but still seems like a good price.

Think it might be a bit overkill in your system as the rrp on these is pushing the price of some of your components, but it would be well worth a listen. Post back on your findings.

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="thfcwestlower"]
Apparently they come with some small crocodile clip earthing leads, but still seems like a good price.

Think it might be a bit overkill in your system as the rrp on these is pushing the price of some of your components, but it would be well worth a listen. Post back on your findings.
[/quote] I've read that the cable can find improvements in modest systems such as mine. I plan to upgrade my cd player and the 840A that I have is a beast - and very underated in my opinion. The Sig will surely not weaken my system (I will report back) and will enhance future upgrades hopefully.

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="Charlie Jefferson"][quote user="Gerrardasnails"]1m pair of the above interconnects for £175.[/quote]

Great price for a great interconnect.

[quote user="Gerrardasnails"]no earthing points on the cable and no earthing leads with it. I don't understand what this is. Do you need earthing points/leads?[/quote]

Me neither. Mine have been languishing, gathering dust for over a year now. Terrible but true. My shame is now aired.[/quote] Thanks for that Charlie - out of interest what do you have connected by your Signatures?

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="Gerrardasnails"]I have managed to win on Ebay a 1m pair of the above interconnects for £175. Can anyone (Clare, Andrew et al) if there is a version 1 and 2 or if it's how I understand, just one version. If so, £300 odd off the rrp cannot be a bad deal! One thing the seller mentioned was that it has no earthing points on the cable and no earthing leads with it. I don't understand what this is. Do yu need earthing points/leads? Many thanks in advance for any help.[/quote] Clare, Andrew, Andy.... can you confirm please that there is only one version of the Chord Signature unlike the Anthem, Cobra, Chorus etc., Many thanks.

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="thfcwestlower"]
You should sell that on!
[/quote]

Oh yes. The best advise here mate. I have been spending silly money on interconnects and sadly lost an aweful lot of cash when sell them on (as I found the price of interconnects has nothing to do with how they sound!).
However at this price, you can use them for a year or two and you wouldn't loose a penny. Well done

Charlie Jefferson

Sep 2, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="Gerrardasnails"]out of interest what do you have connected by your Signatures?[/quote]

I've swapped it around a few times. To start with I ran it from my DAC to my amp, and it sounded great. A significant improvement on the previous Merlin cable. More recently, as I've mostly been playing vinyl, I've got it connecting my Phono amp to my A85 amp. This sounds good too. I suppose I should test it against my second most expensive interconnect, the VDH "The Second", which currently links my P90 and A85 amps, but my set-up is quite difficult to get to without lots of faffing about and scrambling around in dusty corners!!Let us know where you place it in your kit and what you think of it.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts