Chord active cable + LG 42LH5000 problems

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi guys,

I recently bought a LG 42LH5000 to replace my Samsung LE40R73D. My reasons for doing so was the 5* magazine review of the LG & I wanted to upgrade to full HD TV.

Also, I received a Chord Active Silverplus HDMI cable when I subscribed to the magazine. On receipt I immediately put it into my Samsung so when I bought the LG I put it on it too.

Everything seemed fine when I set the LG up although I wasn't too impressed with the picture of the LG when compared it to the Samsung. I thought I'd give it time as I've had the Samsung for 3 years and I probably got used to the picture. I do not have an outside aerial so I am totally reliant on my SKY HD for my TV pics.

On the 2nd day I had problems with the LG whilst trying to watch SKY. It kept cutting off displaying NO SIGNAL then it would go on for a few seconds then back off again. This was constant until I eventually removed my HDMI cable & replaced it with my old one.

Today I used my brother's Chord cable & it seemed to work fine. I then put my own 1 back in & it worked fine too - for a bit. I then watched a blu ray so I had to change to HDMI 2 using the remote. When I used the remote to go back to HDMI 1 for SKY the fault appeared again.

Is my cable faulty? Is it too heavy and therefore pulling out of the HMDI socket?

I'm at my wits end with this just now and would appreciate any help/advice from you guys.

Thanks in advance for your replies.

David

A

Anonymous

UPDATE:

I think my LG 42LH5000 must have been faulty.

It was picked up today & I exchanged it for the Samsung LE40B551.

I am now a very happy bunny - quality of the picture is the standard I expected & it works well with my Chord Active HDMI.

My first experience buying a LG an was very disappointed with it - especially given the reviews in the mag.

All good now though!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts