Choose floorstand speaker for AV-receiver YAMAHA RX-A1030

emadf

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
Hi Friends,

i just bought RX-A1030 yamaha av receiver, and now i want to choose a pair of floorstand speakers,and in next future i will buy the good sorruning package.

but i dont know what parameters i should consider for choosing the speakers?

please help me with this, and offer one pair of good valuable outstanding speakers

dont worry about the budget and just tell me which speaker is produce the best sound with this amplifier?

ClassAct

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
Hi, take it you're new here too? Congrats on picking a cracking receiver I've just purchased a rx-a1030 myself. I've only demo'd the receiver with the B & W Mt60d package which I was thoroughly satisfied with and so purchased too. So if budget is not a problem I'd take a look at their floorstanding speaker options, they'll likely be a good match for the Yamaha. :)

jerryapril

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
Hi emadf

I've had Yamaha RX-A1010 and a pair of Monitor Audio RX6 floorstanders myself. This was based purely on WHF review recommendations. To me, listening sessions in dealerships are confusing, biased and not helping. At my last listening demo I was presented with a pair of speakers approx 8 feet from the back wall...

The Yamaha / Monitor Audio RX6 combo sound was excellent for both the stereo and TV / BD / DVD / PC gaming playbacks and listening. Sound was dynamic, clear, crisp with smooth hights and good bass.

In stereo only setup, Yamaha switches to a virtual surround sound unless you do not overide it with a "Straight, Pure Direct or Stereo" settings. Excellent for any video or PC gaming. I'm using "Adventure" - wide virtual for movies like Bruce Willis's or "Sci-Fi" for things like Transformers or Crysis3. Amazing.

Thing is, you do not really need 5.1 speaker setup if you do not have corresponding space. Virtual sound does it for you. Someone already said that on this forum. That's why I went with a stereo front speakers only. It all makes much sence. Very few people got a proper room for 5.1 or more setup, let's face it.

I've bi-amped speakers and run two sets of Chord Odyssey cables between Yamaha and MA's, Yamaha being set to "5.1 and Bi-amp" in system setup, with no subwoofer as you do not need one.

For your setup, I would recommend the all new Monitor Audio Silver 6. They've got even more refined sound as opposed to the previous MA RX6.

I liked the setup so much I've upgraded to MA GX200 and Yamaha RX-A3030. I've heard other popular Pioneer, Onkyo and Marantz setups and to me, Yamaha is more musical always.

And yes, forget those claiming high end AVR's are no good for stereo music. They just want to sell their integrated. To my knowledge, only one fair dealer on this forum said the best integrated he'd heard was Onkyo TX-NR5010 AVR...

Good luck with your purchase. You'll love it

bemaniac

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I've just bought the version of this they sell in Australia and Canada for £500. It's the same thing though apart from no 5th foot under it.

It has brought out powerful deep sound from what were previously delicate detailed floorstanders my kef q500s. I like to use a sub though purely for the really cool LFE effects on my pc games and console games. This amp has actually a pretty good phono stage! My rega rp1 sounds 95% through the phono on the amp as it does 100% connected to a rega fono mini and that's an £80 stage.

I have owned some nice stereo amps like the marantz pm5003 and 6004, an outlaw audio rr2150 reciever, a pioneer lx series reciever and cambridge 650a, alchemist class A kraken and a NADC370 or 270 can't remember. But anyway this was by far the most powerful sounding and the only one able to fully control my speakers without audible signs of distress at higher volumes. Straight mode is fantastic and the hdmi 1080p menu and upscaling is fantastic.

Q900s would be my obvious favorite speaker for this as it is more of the same and likely you won't want a sub with those beauties!

emadf

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
thanks a lot all,

but in my country i have limited choices

in speakers i can choose from :Canton chrono, focal, elac, manitor aidio gold and bronz, jamo, bose, that's it

so what should i choose?

nabster888

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
Guys,

I've connected Dynaudio DM 2/6 as my fronts to yamaha rx-a1030

Does it make sense to add a power amp to the front preout??? was looking at Naim Nap 100. will it make a difference?? OR

add a floorstander and make it a 7.1 set up??

Floorstander....... I was considering Tannoy Revolution DC6T SE

or Q acoustics concept 40!

will these spkrs gel well with 1030 and (dynaudio DM center)??? or any other option like Monitor Audio silver 6 ???considering i am a 70% movies / 30% music listener!!!!

pls advise

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts