Choice of Speakers

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have recently purchased a Moon 5.3 RS CD Player and Integrated Amplifier, at a nice little discount bacause another competitor magazine had damaged them in a photo shoot. You think they would have known not to place one on top of the other, especially when they have spiked feet!! They are currently playing through a pair of B & W CDM 1SEs.

I'm now looking at the purchase of a pair of speakers, preferably floorstanders although I'm not fixed on this. My budget is probably up to about £2000. I like a wide range of music classic rock, folk, classical music especially piano music. The room is relatively small - 4M x 3M. I would like a speaker with a strong mid range because I particularly like female voices. I was thinking of something by Dynaudio, Proac, B & W or PMC. Any ideas?

Malcolm

floyd droid

Sep 5, 2008
Visit site
Hiya barronm. Ive been on a girlie vocals trip for quite a while now and although this may read as biased,give focals a try as they are more focused on midrange and sound well sweet with female voices. They are not all that ballsy in the base dept so could be worth an audition.

A

Anonymous

You should try and get a demonstration of the Triangle Quartet floorstanders from the Genese range. They would sound oh so nice with your Moon equipment and do sound fantastic with female vocals.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for that suggestion. I'll see if they are sold around Edinburgh.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for that suggestion. I'm not sure if there is a retailer who sells these speakers in Scotland.

Malcolm

A

Anonymous

If your room is small, I think you will have less problems with monitors. I would try the ProAc D Two.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts