chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
JohnDuncan:Were these the Quads you were looking for?

Yes those and the 11L Actives too.

I rang IAG last week and was told they are no longer going to market them here in the UK (only the far-east).

I guess that explains why (in your link) they are described as their last pair.

AL13N

Nov 29, 2009
Visit site
If you're interested in those then also check out the Wharfedale Diamond 8.2 Pro-Active
emotion-5.gif

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
chebby:

the_lhc:<stands poised with picture of Alec Guinness>

Huh?

Kenobi's "These aren't the droids you're looking for" I believe is what the_lhc is referring to.

Star Wars nerds unite!
emotion-15.gif

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Big Chris:Kenobi's "These aren't the droids you're looking for" I believe is what
The Long Haired Chap Is referring to.

Thanks Chris. A daughter has the Star Wars DVDs but I have never seen them so it was a bit lost on me. Whenever Alec Guinness is mentioned I automatically think of him as George Smiley....

_41203033_alec_guinness203a.jpg

(I thought the_lhc = the Large Hadron Collider.)

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
chebby:

Big Chris:Kenobi's "These aren't the droids you're looking for" I believe is what the_lhc Is referring to.

Thanks Chris.

(I thought the_lhc = the Large Hadron Collider.)

He told me a while back it stood for 'Long Haired C..... Err......"Chap"'

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
chebby:

....A daughter has the Star Wars DVDs but I have never seen them...

Never seen Star Wars!?!?! I didn't think there was anyone left who'd never seen Star Wars!

Don't let Lucas' destruction of the franchise put you off the originals.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Big Chris:Never seen Star Wars!?!?! I didn't think there was anyone left who'd never seen Star Wars!

I have been aware of it being played on the DVD behind me sometimes, but never been interested.

You would need to pay me to sit down and watch a whole Stars Wars film. (Or Lord of the rings or Avatar or any other 'fantasy'/space/middle-earth/SFX/SF based movie.)

Never been my thing and never will be.

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
chebby:You would need to pay me to sit down and watch a whole Stars Wars film. (Or Lord of the rings or Avatar or any other 'fantasy'/space/middle-earth/SFX/SF based movie.)

How much?

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
al7478:How much?

Enough to go out the moment it finishes and buy a much better film on DVD. (And a nice coffee afterwards in my local bookshop.) Thanks.

If I am allowed to read (or surf the web or work or study) during the "Star Lords of the Avatar" type film - that you have just kindly offered to pay me to watch at your house - then I will only want enough for the nice coffee.

If however, I also have to admire your six glass cabinets full of rare Star Wars figures (or have mock light sabre duels with you) then you can't afford it.

dave_k

Aug 26, 2009
Visit site
Hehe my gf got me to watch them recently (the original trilogy) and i actually quite enjoyed them for what they are. Yet to see the more modern prequels though...

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
chebby:

al7478:How much?

Enough to go out the moment it finishes and buy a much better film on DVD. (And a nice coffee afterwards in my local bookshop.) Thanks.

If I am allowed to read (or surf the web or work or study) during the "Star Lords of the Avatar" type film - that you have just kindly offered to pay me to watch at your house - then I will only want enough for the nice coffee.

If however, I also have to admire your six glass cabinets full of rare Star Wars figures (or have mock light sabre duels with you) then you can't afford it.

Post of the year. If i ignore the glass cabnet insinuations.

However, if you were at my place, then i could make you the coffee. So, does that mean that i wouldnt have to pay you anything afterall?

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Big Chris:chebby:the_lhc:<stands poised with picture of Alec Guinness>
Huh?

Kenobi's "These aren't the droids you're looking for" I believe is what the_lhc is referring to.

Yes but it would have been funnier the way I was going to do it!

Star Wars nerds unite!
emotion-15.gif

K'Aplah!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts