Cheapest Panasonic OLED yet?

• Thread starter Deleted member 2457
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2457

(y)
I spent a year installing TVs for a local retail chain and really got to like Panasonic - although then, they made their own panels.
Does someone else manufacture OLED for them?
The Pioneer TV people went to Panasonic in their plasma days and with their OLED TVs too. So they have some good quality people doing their TVs.

D

Deleted member 2457

I did demo this TV in John Lewis the other day and it was nice, but I have heard on this entry model that motion processing does not exist unfortunately!

Gray

Never takes long before TVs get massively discounted.
Would be nice if such massive discounts were more common on higher end hi-fi products.
Take those new Cambridge Evo streamers for example. You know you're never gonna see them discounted as much as similarly priced TVs.

Reactions: Deleted member 2457
D

Deleted member 2457

Never takes long before TVs get massively discounted.
Would be nice if such massive discounts were more common on higher end hi-fi products.
Take those new Cambridge Evo streamers for example. You know you're never gonna see them discounted as much as similarly priced TVs.
Unless Musicraft has stopped being their dealer Eg Arcam and M&K sell off. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Gray

buzz_lightclick

D

Deleted member 2457

Seems like a good deal, but on closer inspection:
"We are currently experiencing long manufacturer delays for this product "
and "Call to enquire". Covid impact on shipping I guess.
Yes, it did say 8-14 days when I first found it but that quickly went to call to enquire.

D

Deleted member 108165

Seems like a good deal, but on closer inspection:
"We are currently experiencing long manufacturer delays for this product "
and "Call to enquire". Covid impact on shipping I guess.
Might also have something to do with the worldwide semiconductor shortage as well. Bitcoin mining should be a hanging offence.

Reactions: Gray

Gray

Might also have something to do with the worldwide semiconductor shortage as well. Bitcoin mining should be a hanging offence.
My brother's updating his computer....not a hope of getting a graphics card. Because of their speed, they're being used for the mining.
Then there are the 'scalpers' buying loads up as soon as they're made, then selling them for many times the price.
Apparently one enterprising scammer bastard faked a product recall.....people actually paid to post them to him.....and he nicked the lot!

D

Deleted member 188533

It's a perfect combination of the chip shortage and crypto mining. You can still get a card but it's slow and you have to be quick when they're in stock by getting on a waiting list from Nvidia or AMD directly or through partners like EVGA. Some people are even buying prebuilts since companies like Cyberpower seem to get stock. I've got an RTX 2070 which is still mostly fine for the 1440p I game at but I'll upgrade to a 3080 when I can easily find one.

The chip shortage is trickling down to everything. Even the automakers are affected. It might not get better for a few years especially if everyone moves fabs out of China in retaliation for Covid which is looking more and more likely. Building new fabs takes time.

TRENDING THREADS