Cheap but good quality DAC?

krish123

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
hi guys on search of a good quality but cheapish dac around the £50 mark (dont mind going second hand).

i wanna use the dac on my laptop to play through my bedroom system to get a better sound than perhaps my ipod would give. Do u think the addition of a DAC would result in better sound than my ipod can provide?

If so plz could u reccomend me some decent dacs.

Rick1979

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Lindy dac for one! Tempted to try one myself to hook up to my WD TV live as i have to have tv on to listen to radio stations :wall: . Not sure if they have usb though.

Rick1979

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Lindy dac for one! Tempted to try one myself to hook up to my WD TV live as i have to have tv on to listen to radio stations :wall: . Not sure if they have usb though.

datay

Nov 19, 2008
Visit site
Get the new Vertere D-fi cable instead, and use your iPod. Not sure if WHF reviewed it yet, there was a recent thread on this forum about the Vertere range of cables, though. I think it's about £50, might be more. It is supposed to really work and amke your iPod a very viable source.

krish123

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
thnx for the replies. regarding the vertere cables im not so sure how a cable could improve the sound substantialy as a DAC could perhaps do, or maybe im wrong?

any more recommendations?

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
datay said:
Get the new Vertere D-fi cable instead, and use your iPod. Not sure if WHF reviewed it yet, there was a recent thread on this forum about the Vertere range of cables, though. I think it's about £50, might be more. It is supposed to really work and amke your iPod a very viable source.

It was me who started the thread, and it is well worth trying.

The Nov HiFi+ has a review that says exactly the same thing.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts