Charitable Forum Donation Thread

A

Anderson

I think we can all agree that WHF forums has provided us with years of fun and quality discussion.

But times have changed, recently WHF has run into difficulties and have been unable to maintain the site. The forum has become a chore to use and it would appear that WHF cannot afford to fix the issue.

It's time to give back.

A fully loaded XenForo licence costs $610, this includes professional installation of the product by XenForo staff, WHF doesn't seem to have an admin or developer staff.

I will donate $50, I'm hoping other people will pledge to get the $610, if so I'll set up a funding pot to be made payable to WHF.

Dig deep peepz!

A

Anderson

Haha. I will accept your match, but we should cast a vote perhaps and leave it at that. XF, VB or IP? Any would be more usable.

spiny norman

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
Discussions about the implementation of better (or at least alternative) forum software have been going on here for at least five years, and probably twice as long. I don't think the problem is one of funding...

A

Anderson

spiny norman said:
Discussions about the implementation of better (or at least alternative) forum software have been going on here for at least five years, and probably twice as long. I don't think the problem is one of funding...

Indeed.

This thread is satirical in nature.

spiny norman

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
Anderson said:
Indeed.

This thread is satirical in nature.

I think the forum isn't just a chore to use but – judging by the inrequency of their appearances – a chore for any of the WHSV staff to acknowledge. Their degree of disengagement is disheartening.

spiny norman

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
David@FrankHarvey said:
I'm not sure any forum is worth saving, given that virtually every aspect of audio supposedly makes no difference, so there's nothing left to discuss... :)

Well, there is that! ;-)

But apparently if we don't agree, we can 'Phook off' *shok*

D

Deleted member 2457

Still on 50 dollars. I wonder if anyone else will donate? *dash1*

D

Deleted member 2457

I will donate £3 the cost of my new subscription, £3 for 3 issues! *smile*

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts