Channel Fault on Amplifier

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
On my amplifier, the left channel will sometimes be fine and then all of a sudden, it will just switch off with a very, very, very quiet sound coming through. I then tap the side of the amp and it comes back on again, but sometimes still not fully on. Does anybody know the cause of this problem? I've asked before, but the problem couldn't be rectified. It's a real shame because it's a nice amp and all. Anybody have any advice?

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Hughes123"]On my amplifier, the left channel will sometimes be fine and then all of a sudden, it will just switch off with a very, very, very quiet sound coming through. I then tap the side of the amp and it comes back on again, but sometimes still not fully on. Does anybody know the cause of this problem? I've asked before, but the problem couldn't be rectified. It's a real shame because it's a nice amp and all. Anybody have any advice?[/quote]

Sounds like a fairly simple job for an electronically minded person.

kitkat

Jun 18, 2007
Visit site
I had the same fault on my Marantz 7200 amp, sent it to Marantz who said there was no fault got it back, same problem still there returned it and they changed the complete speaker binding parts all ok now could be just a lose conection or dry joint.

A

Anonymous

Check the speaker connections at both ends, that is usually where I find the problem lies.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="JCR1"]Check the speaker connections at both ends, that is usually where I find the problem lies.[/quote]

Tried that one sadly, the same applies when the headphones are connected. Looks like she's gonna have to be opened up.

:(

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts