chameleon 2 interconnect

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Just bought an old chameleon 2 interconnect to replace my chord chrysalis interconnect on e-bay, and at first thought there was definate improvement, but when i listened to a wider range of tracks it seems the chameleon 2's bass response is overpowering the vocals. So I now get super deep and clear bass, crisp treble, but vocals / midrange are dull and soft. Should I try repositioning my speakers, (front bass firing KEF Q15s, old but good in their day), some other secret trick ,other than having to turn on my rotel's bass and treble controls, or just put chameleon 2's back on e-bay and try a newer interconnect that can boost my bass without losing mid-range, and if so what interconnect should I try.

A

Anonymous

I wish I could find a cable with the bass of the CSP but with a cleaner overall sound. I'm trying a Silver High Breed Quintessence at the moment that seems to be more forward and detailed at the cost of warmth. The bass is deep and well-defined but not as strong as the CSP. Might be worth a punt if you can cope with a sharper sound. I've heard good things about the van den Hul D102 III Hybrid and their other carbon cables. Maybe try one of these. I will if I can find the energy but I quite like the Chords!

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
mark g:Just bought an old chameleon 2 interconnect to replace my chord chrysalis interconnect on e-bay, and at first thought there was definate improvement, but when i listened to a wider range of tracks it seems the chameleon 2's bass response is overpowering the vocals. So I now get super deep and clear bass, crisp treble, but vocals / midrange are dull and soft. Should I try repositioning my speakers, (front bass firing KEF Q15s, old but good in their day), some other secret trick ,other than having to turn on my rotel's bass and treble controls, or just put chameleon 2's back on e-bay and try a newer interconnect that can boost my bass without losing mid-range, and if so what interconnect should I try.

I found the same thing with the Chameleon. Go for a different cable.

Gusboll

Aug 22, 2008
Visit site
Yes, positioning is crucial but as with Igglebert, I'm trying a Silver High Breed Quintessence and thus far it's proving phenomenal; nevermind the low cost. Bass is exactly where it should be in my set-up, but the mid-range.....love it!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts