Ceramic coating on car - is it worth it?

I've ordered a BMW 530d xDrive which I'm collecting this Friday. I've already refused GardX protection from them but am intrigued about ceramic coating. I've had quotes for GYEON Duraflex, CarPro C-Quartz Professional and Titan Ultra.

Any experience or opinions on these? Worth it or not?

michael hoy

I've ordered a BMW 530d xDrive which I'm collecting this Friday. I've already refused GardX protection from them but am intrigued about ceramic coating. I've had quotes for GYEON Duraflex, CarPro C-Quartz Professional and Titan Ultra.

Any experience or opinions on these? Worth it or not?
Hi BB,

I had my Q5 coated with Gtechniq, well worth it in my opinion. Glad you refused Gardx.
q5.jpg

Reactions: bigboss
Who is the detailer if you don't mind me asking.
I have heard of GYEON but don't know anyone who has had it applied.

I am sure it will look good, also what colour is the car.

He did my previous car with GTechniq 3 years ago. He recommended GYEON this time. Online reviews seem very good.

My car is Phytonic Blue metallic with perforated white Nappa leather seats.

Reactions: michael hoy

Paul.

I’m enjoying it so far, though I’m unlikely to stretch any range issues until winter next year. My biggest regular drive is afan in South Wales from Bristol and in winter I will need to be quite disciplined to get there and back in one charge, but for now it will be quite warm by the time I am allowed to go there! There is a lot of extra functionality I’m getting used to as my Clio was pretty basic by modern standards. The lane assist wanting to murder a runner was interesting (obviously I declined that invitation). The adaptive cruise tied in to regen braking is very good.

Compared to my brothers eNiro it is very capable in the corners, it handles its mass much better than the eNiro but the id3 has very little steering and road feedback. It’s happy to press on on a b-road but feels a bit like a driving simulator. It handles a lot better than I thought it would to be fair and it wafts around quite effortlessly finding gaps in town.

Reactions: bigboss

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts