CD Player with AV setup?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello, interested in any opinions on the following.... I have an Onkyo 705 with Kef 3005SE. Due to space issues this is currently my main set up for music, streamed via an Airport Express unit (only Lossless files used). Accepting the limitations of the above I'm considering demoing some standalone CD players for use with the amp. Budget up to £500 - also thinking of the future when space permitting the CD player could become part of a dedicated separates hi-fi. Any thoughts as to whether this will give worthwhile sound benefits over the lossless files and/or recommended players for demo is welcome. Thanks in advance.

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
Yup, a dedicated CD player will certainly improve music playback over your streamed files. Given your budget, I'd look at the likes of the Pioneer PD-D6-J (£350), Arcam DiVA CD73T (£450) and Exposure 2010S (£599).

The Pioneer is a fast, perky player while the Arcam is a little on the warmer side, so if you're using it with your Onkyo AV receiver initially bear this in mind. You might want to try and audition them both with your Onkyo set-up before you buy.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the advice Andy I shall give those a listen with the amp.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Andy Clough"]
Yup, a dedicated CD player will certainly improve music playback over your streamed files. Given your budget, I'd look at the likes of the Pioneer PD-D6-J (£350), Arcam DiVA CD73T (£450) and Exposure 2010S (£599).

The Pioneer is a fast, perky player while the Arcam is a little on the warmer side, so if you're using it with your Onkyo AV receiver initially bear this in mind. You might want to try and audition them both with your Onkyo set-up before you buy.

[/quote]

any comments on the 2010? i have the 2010 integrated amp and and wonder whether to look at the exposure cd player instead of the arcam cd73t...or would the gains be purely aesthetic?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts