CD Player / Transport vs. 4k Blu Ray player sound quality

beaker_07

Jul 13, 2016
Visit site
I had mentioned in another post that I was thinking of upgrading my current Marantz 6000 OSE with either tjis years Marantz CD6006 (approx. £279) or last years CD5005 (approx. £169) or a Cambridge Audio CXC CD Transport (approx. £249) and got a lot of useful advice.

As I am also looking to improve my home cinema setup would buying one of the new 4k Blu ray players be suitable as an all in one player for my music cd's and current dvd's and blu ray disc's such as the Panasonic DMPU700 etc.

I listen a lot to my music off the dell hard drive using apple lossless files for convenience but wish to upgrade to listen to my favourite cd's on. Would it be better to wait for the price of the 4K blu ray players to come down and upgrade both the standard blu ray player and cd with seperate units?

jjbomber

beaker_07 said:
Would it be better to wait for the price of the 4K blu ray players to come down and upgrade both the standard blu ray player and cd with seperate units?

The Oppo 203 ticks every box. It won't come down in price, so you've got a long wait! One box to rule them all.

jjbomber said:
beaker_07 said:
Would it be better to wait for the price of the 4K blu ray players to come down and upgrade both the standard blu ray player and cd with seperate units?

The Oppo 203 ticks every box. It won't come down in price, so you've got a long wait! One box to rule them all.

+1

I was going to suggest their 105eu until I saw the 4K bit.....

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts