CD Partner for Marantz PM7001Ki

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

Just purchased an end of line pm7001ki and now need to add a CD pairing. Should i stick to the marantz, with either the cd6002 or sa7001, or is there a better match out there. Would have thought that a few sa7001's will start to appear on e-bay soon.

Currently have have ma br2's but will probably looking to upgrade to the B&W 685.

Like to have a bit of bass to the sound.

ALTANPSX

Aug 14, 2008
Visit site
Did you listen b&w and marantz together? I really wonder if they are good friends :) I don't know your budget but if it fits, consider new Cyrus.

A

Anonymous

Hi Utah

I can't be of any help, but have heard from others here that the Marantz end of line products are a good deal now. So I wonder whether you could tell us a bit about your new amplifier (if you've had a chance to use it yet). What's it like?

I'm interested, because I'm still looking for an amp to go with my Rega Planet 2000 and wonder whether the Marantz may be a good match. I understand that it is different from regular Marantz kit. I currently have the PM4200 and find it a bit bright and a weak partner for the Rega.

Any chance of a mini review?
emotion-1.gif
And of course comments from others are also welcome!

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the advice so far.

The amp should be arriving by Friday. Still need a decent CD player to test it properly though.

If it is a straight choice between the CD6002 i can find these for £200 but the SA7001 are looking around £300 on ebay. An extra £100 quid towards the B&W's or interconnects would not go amiss. Is the SA7001 worth the extra £100? Which interconnects and speaker cabling would suit the Marantz combo's?

T

the record spot

I picked up the SA7001 KI from Hughes Electrical two weeks ago new and boxed for £299.99 & £6.50 courier. Bargain. The player's great, but check your interconnect is too warm or neutral. Out the box and with something like van den hul's The Name, it might even disappoint. Try a copper core cable like those from DNM Reson or a used Nordost Blue Heaven to get a better response.

Currently running the PM6010-KI with the SA7001 KI and it superb. I'd need to spend four figures to improve on this system I think. Delighted with the combo - very highly recommended and the 7001 amp could be just as good.

TRENDING THREADS