CANTON DM50 Faulty

Si_mon

Nov 21, 2015
Visit site
Hi

Just picked up a Canton DM50 recently, all was great, sound was incredible until - it broke! Its second hand and only had it a week!!

Was playing music through it at low volume when suddenly it started making a loud electrical crackling sound, so I quickly swiched it off, now its totally unresponsive, doesnt power down or make any sound. I had a quick look inside and it seems there Main Board and another board have failed since I can see small burn marks around some small components.

So my question is, since its seconf hand what can I do? Can I purchase spares? Or is there someone reliable to send for repairs?

Cheers

Si_mon

Nov 21, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately it was from an auction site (not ebay), it was sold as untested but stated it powered up. I think it was originally from a shop that repairs hifi/TVs etc.. Shame they didnt do a better job!

Now where can I find parts from Canton? I've emailed them but no reply yet.

Cheers

You can call them:

http://www.unlimited.com/cu/contact.do?language=GB

Bear in mind that repairs may be more expensive than the product itself. You should still contact the person you bought it from and explain it was dead on arrival. Which auction site was it?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts