Cant decide what to do. Any Advice?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi. So I will be moving into a smaller room soon and need to change some of my set up.

I cant decide whether i should keep my Marrantz amp Yamaha proccessor combo and get new speakers Kef KHT1005-2 a possibility. The current speakers will be too large or to get rid of all my hi fi separetes bar the dvd player, also get rid of the Atacama rack and stands which will clear some space then get a speaker amp package like a Sony HTSS1300 for example . Thanks

A

Anonymous

A common issue - whether to downsize after moving. Also when a baby starts to toddle and speaker stands suddenly become a problem (my personal experience)

Depends on the size of the room, the attitude of other parties who have a say, and the importance of quality audio.

What size is the room and what are your current speakers? There are quite a few high quality speakers which can be wall mounted and hidden away (to a degree). Kefs are certainly worth a look, but there are others. The Sony is good at its price point.ÿ

A

Anonymous

The room is 4.40 metres by 2.60 metres but the sytem will be confined to the lower part of the room and i will have 2.20 m by 2.60 m.

Not sure of exact models of speakers but front and centre are from the Tannoy mercury range and I have Mission m7ds rears combined with a Marrantz pm66se amp and a Yamaha DSP-E800 Processor. If i keep my current amps and get a kef speaker system i cant see it sounding very good on 2 channel stereo.

I would have loved to keep it all how it is but, the speakesr wont fit and will be too overpowering in a small room.

A

Anonymous

You could consider a soundbar such as the Yamaha YSP600 or 30D.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts