Can you recommend amp for Cambridge Azur 640c v2?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello British friends
emotion-60.gif

I just bought CA 640c v2 on sale for about 200f in $. I'm on the market for a stereo amp now. Could you please recommend me a perfect amp for CA 640c v2?

I bought NAD 315BEE based on several cool blsht reviews and ended up listening to my receiver Denon AVR-988 instead of this muddy NAD amp. I'm not going to spend more on amp then I spent on my B&W 602 S2 speakers. I bought these speakers for 500$. Thus, my budget for amp is about 300-350f maximum. I can go to a power amp for the same money. My Denon-988 has a preamp output for that.

I'm considering several choices:

Denon DN-A300M pro amp 70w*8Om 200f This integrated amp is from their pro series. Do you have an idea what would be the sound like in standard living room?

Nad 325 40*2 200f Looks like a simple choice, but I have another 'cool' NAD amp for sale now. Do I need to buy from Nad again?

Cambridge Audio Azur 340A 200f It is from the same camp with my cd but one line lower. Would it be anough for CA 640c v2?

Marantz pm5003 for 300f What HiFi lowered this amp to ***. They didn' t explain why? Did somebody hear it with CA? What would be the sound?

I'm in United States now and market is a little bit different here. I may miss some option. Please add your suggestion based on your experience.

A

Anonymous

I would partner it with the 640 amp. I had both as my first set up, and they work very well together. The 340 hasn't got the guts really, to drive the speakers you have.

A

Anonymous

Thanks. 640a is out of my price range now. 340 is weak, right?

A

Anonymous

There's a noticeable difference in power and drive between the 340A and the 640A V2, yes. B&Ws aren't the easiest speakers to power.

If you don't play loud, the 540A V2 might fit the bill. Check if you can get a bargain on this.

A

Anonymous

I agree. Try to pick up a second hand 640A v2 if you can. You can find them on eBay in the US. I have a Cambridge system I bought from Tweeters in California a few years back and theres still a few dealers out here which mean a steady second hand market.

A

Anonymous

If you can get a 640 V2 second hand, it would drive the speakers well. Keep a look out, they will come around, just not that often.

The 540 would be ok, just not as good as the higher powered amp.

Hope this helps.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts