Can you Recommend a CD Player / DVD Player

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I currently have an Onkyo TX-SR605 receiver and KET1005 speakers with a Toshiba 40XF355D LCD TV

I am using my PS3 for both Blu-ray and DVD plackback. Is there a better player I could use for DVD or should I stick with the PS3, also can anyone recommend a CD player for the above setup

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
I'd stick with your PS3 for DVD playback (provided it's had the recent firmware upgrades), and if you're looking for a good budget DVD player to add to your system, consider the likes of Cambridge Audio's Azur 340C (£150), NAD C515BEE (£165) or Marantz CD5001 (£170).

A

Anonymous

Depends on your budget, but the Naim DVD5 produces a very good standard def. picture and is an excellent CD spinner, better then my old Naim 3.5 / Flatcap. For a lot less money I would try Arcam.

A

Anonymous

Looking more at a budget CD player, not really in Naim price range at the moment

A

Anonymous

Thanks fo rthe help givenme a few things to look at.

A

Anonymous

On a seperate note whats the best method to connect my PS3 to my amp & TV.

Should I use HDMI PS3 to Amp then Amp to TV

or HDMI PS3 to TV and Optical for PS3 to AMP?

A

Anonymous

Oppo. Plain and simple. The oppo is the best upconverting dvd player around (at ALMOST any price), and it's a pretty fair little cd player too.

Oppo oppo oppo...

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="sparkymarky"]
On a seperate note whats the best method to connect my PS3 to my amp & TV.

Should I use HDMI PS3 to Amp then Amp to TV

or HDMI PS3 to TV and Optical for PS3 to AMP?
[/quote]
As long as your amp can accept audio via the HDMI, this is the way to go. The PS3 will decode a few of the HD formats (though unfortunately not DTS MA HD as of yet) and send them to your amp as PCM. Also any native PCM tracks on Blu-Rays / music DVDs / CDs will sound great too.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts