Can you get BBC1 London and ITV etc using Freesat in Scotland?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
The reason I ask is that they tend not to show some English football such as tonights International and instead replace them with episodes of Peak Practice or something. This annoys me with freeview. When I had Sky I just watched BBC London instead for MOTD and ITV England etc instead of STV.

Also, when's Setanta going to get some channels on Freesat?!

kena

May 28, 2008
Visit site
Yes , go to channel 977 , I'm in Edinburgh and use this for the football and ITV HD since ITV don't do HD in Scotland.

Setanta is subscription so don't see that on Freesat anytime soon.

John Duncan

It is regional, but seeing as it all comes from the one place, it's usually filtered depending on the postcode you entered into your freesat box. So pick a London postcode and you get the London broadcast. That's how I understood it anyway.

daveh75

Yes it's regional,but entering your post code just defaults your regional stations to their respective "main" epg slots..... e.g slots101-105.The other regions are available further up the epg though,slots 950 onwards

See here for channel listing's

A

Anonymous

Thats good to know. It's a shame you can't do this with Freeview!

Does anyone know if Setanta will be available on Freesat. There's no reason why they can't have the same channels that are available on Sky!

John Duncan

No technical reason, no. It's all about commercial aspects, and whether the two organisations can agree what money needs to change hands for it to happen
emotion-2.gif

A

Anonymous

How do you get STV on freesat, any ideas as it only seems to be the bbc regional channels further up the EPG.

A

Anonymous

I found it on the non freesat channels. still dont know if its available on freesat unless you enter a scottish postcode

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts