Can I use video phono connections?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi, HiFi experts.

I have a little prob I hope will help me with.

I currently have a Sony LBT N350, the 5 disc CD player has finally given up the ghost and stopped playing CDs in any of the carriers, its been playing up and skipping for a while. What I would like to do is add a Marantz CD5004 to the system BUT the Sony system only has a pair of Phono inputs for the turntable and a pair of Phono inputs marked VIDEO, for some reason, would I be able to use this input for the CD5004 ?? I have trawled many forum posts and web sites but can t find an answer, thanks in advance. JT

A

Anonymous

johnthomas1 said:
Hi, HiFi experts.

I have a little prob I hope will help me with.

I currently have a Sony LBT N350, the 5 disc CD player has finally given up the ghost and stopped playing CDs in any of the carriers, its been playing up and skipping for a while. What I would like to do is add a Marantz CD5004 to the system BUT the Sony system only has a pair of Phono inputs for the turntable and a pair of Phono inputs marked VIDEO, for some reason, would I be able to use this input for the CD5004 ?? I have trawled many forum posts and web sites but can t find an answer, thanks in advance. JT

Should be fine. You can't use the one for the turntable, but the one for VIDEO should be fine. It will be simply a preset marking. I have an amp that says things like AV/CD/DVD/TUNER and all of them are the same.

Have you not got a DVD player or something you can test it with ? Even an MP3 player or phone, with a 3.5mm to twin RCA cable?

A

Anonymous

Many thanks for your reply, just tried a MP3 player and it sounds fine, will the output of the MP3 player be the same as the output of a CD player, voltage or power wise, think I will give the Marantz CD player a go. Many Thanks

Overdose

Feb 8, 2008
Visit site
There will likely be a small difference in levels, but nothing that will cause a problem. You may have to turn the volume a little bit either way to get the same level of sound as from the original CD player.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts