Can anyone help

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi i'm interested in buying a new Hi-fi that will store music from cd on to a hard drive allowing me to load them straight on to my ipod as i find doing it on my PC takes forever

I went to my local electrical store and they were very unhelpful

i have been looking at the Sony gig a juke range like the NAS-e35HD or the Phillips wac3500 i'm a total technophobe so i dont quite understand all the jargon would either of these hifi allow me to store cd's on a harddrive straight onto my ipod?

i hope someone can please help many thanks

A

Anonymous

Electrical... Storage?

Like... magnetic tapes...?

Waitaminute.. HARD DRIVE?!?! He's a witch!!!

Seriously though. Find a proper computer shop that builds groundups.... tell them you want a media server, they'll know what to build. Then you can enjoy your inferior sound quality:)

fatboyslimfast

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
As the drive has to read the CD to get it on your iPod, I don't think you will find much out there quicker than your PC. Have you got an old CD drive in your PC? Mine (which is about 18 months old) is a standard LG DVD-writer and combined with iTunes rips a CD into Apple lossless in about 3 mins.

In case you are bemused by Ray's comments above, there have been some (lengthy) discussions on another thread re the benefits/otherwise of HDD music versus CD and Vinyl...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts