Can a cd be copied straight to an ipod.....

stevee1966

Sep 21, 2007
Visit site
It's a bit of a rubbish system isn't it. I've got a Creative Zen (the ipod was a present for my girlfriends birthday)and the software with that allows straight coping of a cd onto the player.

Also what seems really strange is that if you remove music from iTunes Library (to save pc disk space), the next time you synch the ipod, these tunes are also removed from your ipod. Again with the Creative Zen, once the music is on your player it stays there until you choose to remove it which is a much better system.

stevee1966

Sep 21, 2007
Visit site
idc:Hi stevee. The CD needs to be imported onto the PC using itunes and then itunes syncs the imported music to the ipod. There is no other way.

Is there a way of selecting only certain albums from your iTune library when synching the ipod, or do you have to select all - what if you've got too many in your library to fit onto the ipod ?

John Duncan

stevee1966:idc:Hi stevee. The CD needs to be imported onto the PC using itunes and then itunes syncs the imported music to the ipod. There is no other way.

Is there a way of selecting only certain albums from your iTune library when synching the ipod, or do you have to select all - what if you've got too many in your library to fit onto the ipod ?

You can either manage it manually, or you can create playlists and sync only to them....

idc

Yes by using the check boxes on the left hand side of the library. Uncheck the boxes for tracks you do not weant to sync with the ipod. Do this by either clicking on them individually or to do batches using shift, ctrl to highlight what you want to check/uncheck and in the drop down box you will see either check oruncheck and click on that. When the ipod is connected for syncing towards the bottom of the page with its details you will see a box and sync only checked items, make sure that is ticked.

Funny how you find Creative Zen easier, but I have never got the hang of it. I find itunes far more intuative and when I started with my first ipod I had not even surfed the web!

A

Anonymous

As far as I'm aware there's only one way of doing this, which is to use an iLoad (www.iload.com). This is a one-box unit that just has a CD drawer and a bunch of sockets - you insert a CD, plug in your iPod and the iLoad copies it directly across. Don't think it's available in the UK, but it looks like you can import them from the US if you don't mind paying around £200 - plus it apparently has issues with certain iPod models.

I'm similarly not interested in having a music library and playlists on a computer - I listen to CDs and rather like them, so all I ever need MP3 or similar files for is for creating temporary portable versions of CDs. As I use an MP3 player which isn't an iPod I can use a Micoder, which is a similar copying device - they don't work with iPods - (http://www.micoder.fr/2.html) - grabbed the last one from Amazon in France! The UK distributor was out of stock and wasn't planning to carry any more - just as well, as the bloke there I exchanged e-mails with seemed to think it was a video decoder...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts