Camrbidge Audio 640 C & A - More clarity wanted

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi

I have a Cambridge Audio 640C and A with Mission M71 Speakers, Ixos inter connectors(not sure which ones), QED Micro cables. The problem is I turn up the bass a little and the treble to maximum and I'm still not finding voices, instruments, clear enough. I do like a fair amount of bass which my speakers actually give believe it or not but I like the treble / midrange to also be quite upfront.

I also have a Cambridge Audio Pacific cable and tried that but that only made it warmer. I've also tried changing around the direction of the interconnector.The cable has a direction sign on it and if I have the cable directing from the amp to the cd player, the sound is more spacious and much clearer but not quite as much bass.

I purchased the Chord Carnival Silver Screen on a number of your recommendations but unfortunately was very disaapointed. The amount of weight that you get from the cables are impressive. However, I found voices and clarity to be better from the QED micro cable. I also have a pair of Mordant Short 902's but again quite dissapointed with these. Clarity and bass is better using the Missions, although the 902's are more cohesive.

Can you help? Will a cable such as the QED SA XT be brighter and give more midrange / clarity to the system.

It would be great to have your feed back

Cheers

A

Anonymous

Can I have some comments from the WHF Team pls. Thanks!

Michael

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts