Cambridge azur 740c or Marantz Cd 6002

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

I want to upgrade my cd player and been looking at the Marantz cd6002, I have now seen the Cambridge azur 740c which is roughly in the same price range but can't seem to find many reviews on it. I'm not sure which one would be a better player, I would be running the cd player with a Yaqin MC-10L amp.

Thanks

A

Anonymous

Hmmm... if you mean this....
http://www.richersounds.com/showproduct.php?cda=showproduct&pid=CAMB-AZUR-740C-SIL
...then good luck finding one. I wasn't able to.

A

Anonymous

The Marantz sounds dry. Go for the Cambridge or try out the Rega Apollo.

matthewpiano

The Apollo is more expensive than either but its incredible. If you can stretch that far you'll never look back. Alternatively look at a NAD C342 or the new C345BEE. NAD make very musical CD players.

A

Anonymous

tractorboy:Hmmm... if you mean this.... http://www.richersounds.com/showproduct.php?cda=showproduct&pid=CAMB-AZUR-740C-SIL ...then good luck finding one. I wasn't able to.

Shouldn't be a problem locating one of these. We have not had a problem with stock in either black or silver. Richer Sounds have reduced the number of lines they carry in SILVER due to a definite shift back to black over the last 12 months, however every Richer store should be able to special order a silver colour product from us for you. Let us know via the Cambridge Audio support centre on our website if anyone ever has a problem locating a silver unit and we'll always do our best to help

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Yeah; as above. If you can stretch for a Rega Apollo you'll be laughing.

Stunning CDP and i WILL be buying one later in the year to replace my NAD C542 CDP.

A

Anonymous

Cambridge Audio CEO:

tractorboy:Hmmm... if you mean this.... http://www.richersounds.com/showproduct.php?cda=showproduct&pid=CAMB-AZUR-740C-SIL ...then good luck finding one. I wasn't able to.

Shouldn't be a problem locating one of these. We have not had a problem with stock in either black or silver. Richer Sounds have reduced the number of lines they carry in SILVER due to a definite shift back to black over the last 12 months, however every Richer store should be able to special order a silver colour product from us for you. Let us know via the Cambridge Audio support centre on our website if anyone ever has a problem locating a silver unit and we'll always do our best to help

Sorry, having said that, there is only limited stock of 740C-SIL at this crazy £299 price so if you are looking for this specific deal call or pop into a Richer Sounds store and if they haven't got any left they can check their system to locate where the stock is so you can buy from that store

stephennic

Jul 27, 2008
Visit site
Hi,

The marantz cd6002 did not impress me heaps lacks a little focus, the cambridge audio 740c can be a bit forward and cold sounding on some equipment - its very detailed and good imaging. The rega apollo is a nice player (sound is beyond its price range), creek evo is good too its even better than the Arcam cd73t, new pioneer cd player gets good reviews, pay a bit more the consonance cd120 linear is a very musical player.

Cheers,

Steve

A

Anonymous

I managed to get a new one last weekend from my local Richer's and at the price of the silver one (£299), it blows away any similarly priced competition. I only use mine as a source for my headphone set up and I feel it is pretty good, although there doesn't seem to be as much difference as I had hoped between that and my (temporary) old source, an Oppo DV-983H.

In defence of the Cambridge I'm still burning it in (<20 hours so far) so I shouldn't really compare yet and the Oppo's have a pretty good rep for being great sources in the headphone world, but IMO the Azur's are some of the best looking kit out there (personally not even a tiny fan of the Cyrus looks). For reference, I think both of them are excellent so don't let my opinion of finding them similar put you off; the Cambridge does win between the two and at that price it was cheaper than my Oppo anyway!! Also, I think if WHF reviewed the 740C at that low price, they'd invent a 6 star rating...
emotion-4.gif
The value for money alone made me choose the Cambridge over a lot more high-end choices!

If <£300 is your budget go for the 740C, but check with Richer Sounds as there was talk of the price going back up when I was in the store.

T

John Duncan

Yup if you can still get a 740 for that 299 price, then get it - for starters, they're now up to £600-odd for black (fx), and it has a digital input to plug your airport express into (which is what you really want to be doing...
emotion-2.gif
)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts