Cambridge Audio support on Chromecast with Google TV remote

jnealer

Nov 1, 2022
Visit site
I have a Cambridge Audio CXA60 and would love to pair my Google TV with it, but it doesn't seem to be a supported brand, which is weird. Has anyone got their Google TV remote to work with Cambridge Audio? Thanks!

doifeellucky

What are you trying to do exactly?

For example I have a Chromecast Audio connected via optical into my CXA60 that I stream music from via my phone. I also have a firestick connected to my TV via hdmi and I connect the optical out of my TV into the other optical on my CXA60. I use the Cambridge remote to switch the optical inputs, change volume and switch the CXA60 on and off. I use the firestick remote to control the firestick.

jnealer

Nov 1, 2022
Visit site
All I'm looking for is for the Google Chromecast with TV (their naming is the worst, but I'm specifically talking about the Chromecast with the TV remote, not the Audio one, or the plain video one) to control the volume of my Cambridge receiver. The Chromecast with TV is plugged into the TV HDMI, and the remote is supposed to mimic the IR signal of the Cambridge remote, but Google doesn't seem to support Cambridge, which seems like a large oversight.

All I'm looking for is for the Google Chromecast with TV (their naming is the worst, but I'm specifically talking about the Chromecast with the TV remote, not the Audio one, or the plain video one) to control the volume of my Cambridge receiver. The Chromecast with TV is plugged into the TV HDMI, and the remote is supposed to mimic the IR signal of the Cambridge remote, but Google doesn't seem to support Cambridge, which seems like a large oversight.
Your Cambridge Audio is a stereo amplifier, not an AV receiver. It will not have any video capabilities.

jnealer

Nov 1, 2022
Visit site
Your Cambridge Audio is a stereo amplifier, not an AV receiver. It will not have any video capabilities.
I'm extremely aware of that. I'm looking for a way for the Chromecast with TV remote to mimic the IR signal of the Cambridge "stereo amplifier's" remote to adjust the Cambridge "stereo amplifier's" volume, which the Chromecast with TV remote is capable of doing with many other brands of "stereo amplifiers."

doifeellucky

Not really an oversight. Cambridge Audio is a tiny company relative to Google. I doubt they’re particularly interested in what the other is doing. I wouldn’t really expect the Google remote to work with any similar hifi brands. Is your Cambridge remote broken? My firestick remote volume controls the TV volume (which is always set at zero) but I’ve never tried to connect it to the Cambridge. You might want to look at one of those universal remotes if clutter is the issue.

tannerblair

Jun 21, 2023
Visit site
I have a Cambridge Audio CXA60 and would love to pair my Google TV with it, but it doesn't seem to be a supported brand, which is weird. Has anyone got their Google TV remote to work with Cambridge Audio? Thanks!
In case you are still struggling with this:

I set it up as a Marantz and the second option worked for my CXA81. Give it a try and see if it works for you.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts