Cambridge Audio 640A V2 £199.99... worth it?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Seems that there's alot of mixed reviews on the net for this amp, What Hi-Fi only gave it 4 stars at it's original price, some say it's over bright, some say it's lovely and warm, so, I'm a bit confused!

What with Richer Sounds now knocking them down to £199.99 should I stump up the cash and replace my Denon PMA-255UK which is currently driving my Tannoy F4 Customs or go lay down the extra for the Marantz PM6002 (£30 extra) or the Pioneer A-A6-J (£100 extra)... How would they match up with the F4 Customs?

Or do I simply keep trawling ebay forever for Rotel Pre/Power amps, Roksan Kandys, Pioneer A-300R Precisions, etc etc at bargain prices?

A

Anonymous

In my opinion, keep trawling ebay for a pre/power combo or a Kandy.

A

Anonymous

Thanks, I've been thinking the same, thanks for backing that idea up!

A

Anonymous

Hi Bleachershane,

I had (say had, still have it, trying to get rid of) 640A V1 cambridge amp.

In my opinion, a very good amp indeed, and served me well for a very long time, my only reason for changing was to upgrade to surround sound.

Dont let me put you off the bargain hunt, but just in case you get frustrated and take the plunge :)

A

Anonymous

Thanks for that, it does seem like alot of amp for your money on paper, just not had the chance to listen to one as yet so view from anyone that has is appreciated!

Still doing the ebay scouring (really after a Roksan Kandy KA-1, saw one on Buy It Now at £180 and local a couple of months ago and I let it go... what an idiot! But if and when I get frustrated then I know where to go an what to consider

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts