Bye Bye CRT...... Hello Panny G15 !!!

sntee

Nov 6, 2008
Visit site
OK, so I’ve finally decided to take the plunge and trade in my trusty CRT and go Hi Def. This is a big deal for me, not only because of the money involved, but also because in my humble opinion my Panasonic TX 37PD50 was until very recently, the finest TV ever created.

Having stood in a few High St electrical stores over the last couple of weeks, road testing some of the latest HD offerings, I am at last prepared to concede that I can do better than what I have. My biggest problem with HD TV’s has always been motion judder. It seems to be something that some people are more susceptible to than others, but I found that watching action scenes on even some of the better 2007 model screens was almost painful.

100Hz Refresh rates seem to have solved this problem and at the risk of opening old debates, I have decided to go Plasma over LCD.

I’d originally opted for the Sony 46W5500….. but even though I don’t really know how much of a problem “light-bleed” or “clouding” would be, I’ve decided its not worth the risk.

So I’ve now got the new Panasonic TX-P46G15 in my sights, but I hate buying anything without reading up on it first. So my questions are…….

1) What is the actual release date for this model?

2) Has anyone seen one of these beasts in action? And if so, what did you think?

3) Are WHF likely to be Testing / Reviewing this particular model? (You reviewed the 42” model of the G10 range, so I’m hoping that the 46” G15 would be a logical next step)… a Group Test vs the Sony would be a nice bonus

4) How quickly could I expect the price of the new model to start to fall (I’ve already seen it listed at £1349) based on what happened to previous models after launch? If I’m honest, it’s a little over my original budget but I can live with this if its worth the extra over the £1200 models I’ve been looking at.

A

Anonymous

G15s are coming out in June/July. PQ will be similar to the G10s, same neo-PDP panel, but with Deep Colour and different slim packaging.

A

Anonymous

I contacted Pana and informed due for UK launch in June. Looks good and like you gonna wait to get this one, like the idea of linking into You Tube from the tele.
emotion-2.gif

sntee

Nov 6, 2008
Visit site
Me too, but does anyone know if it's just selected content or "all of YouTube"? And if the latter, how will you enter text in the search bar, etc?

I tend to get blinded by the Additional Features lists on kit like this and then end up not using half of them, so I'm hoping that this set is gonna delivery in terms of picture quality too.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts