hybridauth_Facebook_664715932

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
Greetings

having sold my pmc 21s now i am going back to BW. Prior to those i had the cm5 S1, which i absolutely loved.

I was wondering if any one have listened to both the new cm5 and cm6. Is it worth paying almost 50% extra for the cm6?

Thankx

Esra

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Animesh Ghose said:
Greetings

having sold my pmc 21s now i am going back to BW. Prior to those i had the cm5 S1, which i absolutely loved.

I was wondering if any one have listened to both the new cm5 and cm6. Is it worth paying almost 50% extra for the cm6?

Thankx

Imo. yes.

Esra

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Animesh Ghose said:
Greetings

Thankx

Imo. yes.

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
Esra said:
Animesh Ghose said:
Greetings

Thankx

Imo. yes.

have u listened to both the speakers? Can you elaborate the differences?

ErwinC

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
Animesh Ghose said:
ErwinC said:
Imo. No.

But better try it yourself.

am i right to think that u had the 21s and than went back to bw and now back to pmc? Or have i got u mixed with sum1 else?

Yes, i first had the CM5, then the 20.21, after that the CM5 S2 and now the 20.22.

The 20.22 are fantastic speakers, much better than the B&W and 20.21 imo.

This is my preference list from high to low:

PMC Twenty.22

B&W CM5 S2

PMC Twenty.21

B&W CM5

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
ErwinC said:
Animesh Ghose said:
ErwinC said:
Imo. No.

But better try it yourself.

am i right to think that u had the 21s and than went back to bw and now back to pmc? Or have i got u mixed with sum1 else?

Yes, i first had the CM5, then the 20.21, after that the CM5 S2 and now the 20.22.

The 20.22 are fantastic speakers, much better than the B&W and 20.21 imo.

This is my preference list from high to low:

PMC Twenty.22

B&W CM5 S2

PMC Twenty.21

B&W CM5

thats interesting, i alwys felt a little underwhelmed with the 21s. I know theres a huge difference between 21 n 22 although i never got to listen to the 22s. Have u listened to the cm6?

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
With a Naim and the brands low amplifier damping which gives that fruity'ish low end (at least compared to some others) I would expect the PMC to sound more balanced.

With a Creek Evo 50 ... dunno but perhaps the other way round?

Never heard the Evo but numerous reviews seem to point to a more typical 'hifi' kind of sound ie. control, refined, subtle etc. rather than 'rythm meister' and bass clouth ...

Heck, I could have it all wrong. What do I know? :)

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
drummerman said:
Never heard the Evo but numerous reviews seem to point to a more typical 'hifi' kind of sound ie. control, refined, subtle etc. rather than 'rythm meister' and bass clouth ...

Heck, I could have it all wrong. What do I know? :)

i think this is 1 reason why 21s didnt really work for me. As you said evo does a have more hifi kind of sound which i really like and 21s also have similar characteristic which meant the end sound was a bit too laid back. There was simply not enough umph in the sound particularly at the bass department. I think with bw's extra bass they are a better combination with the evo.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
If I was you I would also try and listen to both Monitor Audio Silver 1 and 2, depending on room size.

They measure and review like a good match with your amplifier, look nicer than the B&W (imho) and could save you money.

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
drummerman said:
If I was you I would also try and listen to both Monitor Audio Silver 1 and 2, depending on room size.

They measure and review like a good match with your amplifier, look nicer than the B&W (imho) and could save you money.

i have always found MA to be a little too bright for my taste, good speakers otherwise

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
Animesh Ghose said:
Ordered the cm6 today in rosewood with bw stands,?

should have them by this friday

Nothing like waiting for new kit to arrive. Its just as enjoyable as listening to music.

Please write us a review when your set up

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts