Buying a new AMP

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I currently have a Cambridge Audio Topaz AM5 with 1 pair of speakers, i want to upgrade so that i can have a subwoofer and another pair of speakers and I have been looking on ebay for a low cost solution.

Im interested in a

SONY STR-DB930

I just noticed its a home cinema reciever, but would it be okay for mainly listening to music on and watching films?

Thanks.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
How much do they want for that? I've got one of these and they're well over ten years old now. I wouldn't be spending much on one now. I think mine sounds fine with music but then I've got nothing else to compare it to!

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Hmm, ok, I guess 50 quid or so might be fine, bear in mind I paid 300 quid (end of line display model) 11 or 12 years ago. It's quite a useful amp, multi-channel inputs so you can still get HD audio from a suitable blu-ray player, only 5.1 though but good for SACD as well. It also has two sub outputs so you can run dual subs without a splitter, that's not very common even now. Mine also has a phono stage, couldn't comment on the quality of it though as again I have nothing to compare it to.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts