Build quality and tweeks

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Yo folks,

just got myself a Teac and the case quality isn't quite the full ticket. I'm loathed to return to Richer Sounds after trying my best to get the 'awkward customer of the week award' :grin:

The blue light from the display shines through from the top front housing join. At the mo. I'm reluctant to bend metal to close the gap: can I seal/tape over this without heating/convection issues for the CD mechanism? I like to burn incence and don't want to be cleaning the laser every week cos. the display says "No Disc".

P.S. I like the sound of the Teac! My ears! :beer:

shooter

May 4, 2008
Visit site
Vinca said:
I'm loathed to return to Richer Sounds after trying my best to get the 'awkward customer of the week award'

I would sent it back regardless, if your unhappy then you should get a replacement. Yours maybe a one off or there could be others in which case Teac may look into the problem. The only way they will find out is though customer feedback, thats the way i look at it.

A couple of suggestions:-

1. don't do anything to the player until you have used it for a while and are 100% sure you are not returning it for any reason.

2. if you keep it, try slackening off the screwes that hold the cover (assuming it's like most of my kit) and moving the cover a fraction before retightening.

3. keep anything you burn well away from your hi-fi.

Ok, that's 3 for the price of 2, a good RS deal!

Happy listening.

TRENDING THREADS