Budget Amp advice; cue being shot down in flames.......

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
....Having moved house and got the main lounge set up to my satisfaction, it is now time for me to address the next room. pp I am looking for a budget (read as cheap as reasonably possible) stereo amplifier for the conservatory. I will only be running a small pair of bookshelf speakers in there, possibly another set into the dining room; I already own a small pair of JBL speakers. Obviously with this much reflective glass about, I am never going to get an amazing level of sound quality and I understand this. The only source of music will be from my iPod connected through the Apple Universal Dock & my aim is to achieve a better level of sound quality with the minimum of expenditure. The only edit from she who must obeyed is that it "doesn't look ugly like the AV amp" I have had a look on ebay and just got confused with all the retro stuff available. If I am trying to chase down a white elephant then please let me know also! Many thanks in advance of your help. Matt

A

Anonymous

Sorry about the layout, my paragraphs seem to have been missed out.

A

Anonymous

Hey there! To paragraphy just go to the end of the sentence and put a "larger than/smaller than sign" followed by a p and then another so that that it would look like this but replace the 0 with a p!

Have you tried looking at the Rotel RA-02? Good style, fantastic performace. You should be able to get one for £150-180. If you wanted another pair of speakers, try the B&W DM 601s. CD player wise, try the Rotel RCD-02 which will match the amp. That's an good lookin' at good performin' set-up! The boss will be impressed!

A

Anonymous

If you want something at an even smaller budget Richer Sounds are doing Marantz PM4001 for under £100 in their sale. Ends friday though.

A

Anonymous

Thanks guys, think I'll take a trip to RS as the first reply is a little steep for me to put into a conservatory with all the heat / cold. Guess its all down to what folk class as budget eh!

A

Anonymous

I learnt my place in hi-fi when stuff worth over £1,000 was still called budget!

matthewpiano

[quote user="fr0g"]Something like the Cambridge Audio A1 is absolutely more than enough for what you're asking and they sound really musical. (£80) from Richer sounds.[/quote]

...and it will leave the horrible PM4001 standing IMO.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts