Brightness/Contrast fluctuation PZ82

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello all!

I've had my Comet bought PZ82 (actually PZ80 with black trim) for a few months now and have my HTPC hooked up via HDMI... When browsing online using IE7, and most notable when on What Hi-Fi, if you scroll down past the top red banner the colour temp seems to change on the white:

Settings on PZ82 = Cinema, Warm, Callibrated using THX Demo Disc II.

HTPC = 780G Mobo, ATI HD3200 with latest Drivers.

Not sure if it's the contrast/brighness changing when a large red block of colour isn't on the screen or, if it's the colour temp changing? I have tried using Cinema/Normal but the same effect can be observed...

Anyone else had a similar experience with their plasma?

*Edit, Should have said the colour temp seems to shift from warm, to cold... again this could just be mistaken and it's the cont/bri that changes*

A

Anonymous

Nope... Not to my knowledge, just checked and there are no enabled settings or effects... Eco mode is not in use, It's just a minor thing, but noticable.

A

Anonymous

From browsing around for more information, it would seem you may be correct there drummerman, the only other explination could be from auto contrast lowering from the inbuilt screen burn prevention process... however that's supposed to only kick in if an image is left with no user imput.

I think your suggestion seems to be the more likely.

TRENDING THREADS