Brighter sounding than an Onkyo 9010

Kastner

Mar 21, 2018
Visit site
I've listened to an Onkyo 9010 and by comparison to an 80's Pioneer that has now died and I now know what they mean by warm sounding. What budget models would offer a brighter sound than the Onkyo?

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Kastner said:
I've listened to an Onkyo 9010 and by comparison to an 80's Pioneer I now know what they mean by warm sounding. What budget models would offer a brighter sound than the Onkyo?

You could try Rotel and CA they have a rep. for being brighter. But speakers make more difference usually.

insider9

I'm sorry but don't get why you want a brighter sounding amp than Onkyo. You also claim that Mission speakers are bight. I haven't heard bright Missions yet. Not sure what you mean and wonder if it is how you explain things or whether our ears and taste are so different.

I've used that Onkyo and if buying new there's nothing touching it. I even tried Mission M71i with it as one pair of speakers and they worked incredibly well.

Can you clarify what it is that you want please?

Kastner

Mar 21, 2018
Visit site
Sorry I wasn't clear. I meant I had the Pioneer hooked up to the Missions which gave the very bright sound which I like. I listened to the Onkyo elsewhere and just concerned that I will end up with too much compromise.

What I may do is buy the Onkyo anyway and really see what's going on when I connect it to the Missions

gasolin

Kastner said:
Sorry I wasn't clear. I meant I had the Pioneer hooked up to the Missions which gave the very bright sound which I like. I listened to the Onkyo elsewhere and just concerned that I will end up with too much compromise.

What I may do is buy the Onkyo anyway and really see what's going on when I connect it to the Missions

Still doesn't makes sense

Keep or buy the pioneer, which model you don't specify

Do you know that there are tone controls on the Onkyo amp?

Kastner

Mar 21, 2018
Visit site
I describe warm amps/speakers as being softer whereas brighter amps/speakers sound sharper. There may be more treble in the latter but it is not something you can accomplish by just turning up the treble. I'm sure a tech guy could explain it properly.

rainsoothe

Hi. For the record, I think you can have warm sounding amps that are detailed and punchy, or bright sounding ones that lack drive or are too smooth.

For the budget of the Onkyo, I'd look at Denon pma720 and the likes, or even modern day Pioneers.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts