Boston Acoustic A26 a good alternative to Dali Zensor 1?

gasolin

Theres still 20% of the price of the Boston Acoustics A26(free delivery), so they now only costs what the white Dali zensor 1 costs (have the non white which is cheaper then the white one).

Dali zensor 1 is in the same class as the Q Acoustics 2020i or between them and the Monitor Audio BX2, where's the Boston Acoustics A26 is according to whathifi one of the only alternative to a set of Monitor Audio BX2's in there price range and sound.

My reason why i ask is because the way i am using my zensor 1 theres not always enough bass and generally the bass is not that powerfull, listen to Led Zeppelin's celebration Day theres enough bass but many times there isn't enough bass, where i feel as if i have turned off the subwoofer (which i don't have for my dali's) and only have a bass as i would have if i had a crossover of 80-100hz

Is the Boston Acoustic A26 a good alternative to dali zensor 1 if i want to have more bass, but still a soft and smooth tweeter with an open midrange with lots of details like the zensor 1's?

Blackdawn

May 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm afraid i've not heard the Zensor 1 but think the A26 speakers are very good indeed for the price. I've heard the BX2 and prefer what I have. I also prefer the A26's to my Lektor 2 speakers, also made by Dali. If you like the Dali sound but want more bass why not wait for the Dali Zensor 3 speakers, somebody mentioned were coming out soon.

gasolin

Blackdawn said:
I'm afraid i've not heard the Zensor 1 but think the A26 speakers are very good indeed for the price. I've heard the BX2 and prefer what I have. I also prefer the A26's to my Lektor 2 speakers, also made by Dali. If you like the Dali sound but want more bass why not wait for the Dali Zensor 3 speakers, somebody mentioned were coming out soon.

Havn't heard anything about the dali zensor 3 other then on whathifi, no reply on zensor 3 on facebook and i would guess zensor 3 would be a bit to expensive for me, might costs the same as the boston a26 and ma bx2

Blackdawn

May 7, 2010
Visit site
So are the BX2 and A26 speakers too much to spend for you? If so you could try the Wharfedale diamond 10.3, which should have more bass than the Zensor 1 and are cheaper in sale here:

http://www.superfi.co.uk/p-2729-wharfedale-diamond-103-speakers-pair.aspx

The Mission MX2 is also cheaper than the BX2 and got a good review by Hifi World - worth a look - should also give more bass than the zensor.

Another option you might not have considered is the get a better amp. Possibly an amp such as the Yamaha A-S500 would give a more powerful bass - but you would have to audition yourself.

Hope this helps.

manicm

Funnily enough I've heard the A26 at a dealer who tried hard to sell me a pair instead of the BX2s. I bought the latter but in hindsight that dealer was right - the BX2 is excellent but IMO is better suited to warmer/smoother electronics - not because it's harsh (it's patently not) but it can sound clinical and unengaging.

I've now ended up with Monitor Audio RX1s.

The A26 was great-sounding, but I think it needs power which your amp will have in spades.

gasolin

Now i have a dali zensor 1 with a jamo sub 200, but i think theres a bit of lack in lower midrange,bass(not enough power,have read a review where they mentioned the midrange to be thin).

I have the last few days tried to turn my subwoofer of to hear the difference with and without my subwoofer, recommende crossover about 90hz mine 84hz, somtimes when i turn of my subwoofer i get this (not that my subwoofer is loud) OMG theres not much bottom (bass) on my zensor 1 (ill recommed them for radio,bagground music, up in a corner, rear speakers in a surround system without a subwoofer, other then that they need a subwoofer and some electronmic crossover like many surround recivers have, my reciver dosn't)

I am still considering the Boston Acoustic A26 because they are more in the MA BX2, Q aucustics concept 20, and some other spekares like mabye the B&W cm1 range and of course the price, that's still 20% of with free delivery, the normal price is less then 15€ in difference of a set of MA BX2 in difference, i think it's a good price.

What i would like to know is how much watt does they need to play loud?

I know i have enough power for my dali but they are 6 ohm speakers, sensitivity 86-86,5db

I have 2x55 watt in 8ohm 0.1% thd is max 40 watt, in 4 ohm i have 2x95 watt and about 2x50-55 watt with 0.1% thd

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts