Bose Bluetooth Headphones to Sonos and NaimUniti2

fibreopticjesus

Oct 17, 2007
Visit site
Help is needed Guys and Girls.

I have a Sonos set up aroud the house and a NaimUniti2 as my quality listen. I love them all.

Sometimers my craving for music at all times of day interfers with my nearest and dearest. I happened to mention to my wife that its a shame that Sonos do not make a headphone to go withtheir system.

My birthday arrives and my gorgeous wife brought me a pair of the Bose Bluetooth headphones. Whilst I was chuffed with my prezzie my mind was thinking I cannot connect to the Sonos and Naim as they are not Bluetooth.

I really want to make these work for her sake so any ideas pleaaaaase.

jjbomber

fibreopticjesus said:
Thanks Jj but doesnt that mean I loose the freedom of wirelesss?

I already have high quality headphones via cable.

I misunderstood your question. You need a bluetooth adapter with an RCA input. Connect the line out from the Naim Uniti2 to the input on the adapter. Then pair the adapter to the headphones. Job done.

fibreopticjesus

Oct 17, 2007
Visit site
Thanks for your help on this guys.

Have you any idea how I can find out the best bluetooth transmitter for quality and distance.

Also would this peice of kit work through the headphone socket eg. back of a Sonos Play 3?

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
fibreopticjesus said:

Have you any idea how I can find out the best bluetooth transmitter for quality and distance.

Also would this peice of kit work through the headphone socket eg. back of a Sonos Play 3?

?

The play:3 doesn't have a headphone socket, the play:5 does however.

jjbomber

fibreopticjesus said:

There are not many on the market as most take a bluetooth feed from a tablet or smartphone and send it to an amplifier, whereas you are going the other way. The best I know of is the Motorola DC800 but I think they are no longer in production. They were around the £40 marker. It has RCA inputs and outputs, so swings both ways!

Range shouldn't be a problem, as long as positioning is not tucked away in a corner or you have old stone walls. Even if the amplifier is in a corner you can still run the RCA leads into the adapter 5m or 10m away. That is also assuming that you live in a normal size house and not a country mansion.

As for a headphone socket output, all you would need is a 3.5mm to 2 RCA connecting cable or a 3.5mm to 2 RCA adapter. The UnitiLite2 has a line out feed. Check your Sonos for a headphone output.

TRENDING THREADS