Bluetooth Vinyl Turntable System

Jan 31, 2022
Visit site
Good evening,

thanks for any help / advice in advance

Recently sold my seperates system. No longer using Cd’s.
Still looking to use vinyl.

Budget 1-2k….

Was looking to purchase a Bluetooth vinyl player with Bluetooth speaker.

any thoughts on best combination or alternatives.

cheers

Cannot say I have ever heard a set-up like this but, done well, I might imagine you would find it hard to tell the difference how the signal from the turntable is sent to the speakers.
Could be wrong, will not know for sure until I have actually heard one.... :cool:

Sixtyten

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
Vinyl's supposed "superiority" is that it's analogue (leaving aside most new albums from the last 30 years are recorded in digitally). A Bluetooth turntable has a DAC will then convert this Digital to Analogue (when applicable) recording back to digital, then transmit the resultant audio soup using a lossy code to another device. Hence defeating the supposed point of vinyl.

Reactions: Tinman1952

SallyB

Jan 18, 2022
Visit site
Vinyl's supposed "superiority" is that it's analogue (leaving aside most new albums from the last 30 years are recorded in digitally). A Bluetooth turntable has a DAC will then convert this Digital to Analogue (when applicable) recording back to digital, then transmit the resultant audio soup using a lossy code to another device. Hence defeating the supposed point of vinyl.
It might not be how you and I might want to do things, but others (and manufacturers) clearly do and enjoy the convenience. Cambridge Audio clearly do, as Darko says: “CAs Alva TRV2 is a pragmatist’s turntable”, so that I keep to the question, there’s a suggested audition from me too!😀

Vincent Kars

A Bluetooth turntable has a DAC will then convert this Digital to Analogue (when applicable)
No, the other way around.
By design vinyl is as analog as analog can get.
A Bluetooth turntable must have a phone stage (the RIAA correction).
As the output of this stage is analog, you need a ADC to convert to digital.
This PCM audio is send to the Bluetooth transmitter.
There the audio is (lossy) compressed using the codec negotiated between sender and receiver.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts