blue ray sound playback help

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
can anyone advise me on this,

i have a panasonic bdp 60 blue ray player and denon 1910 amp.

when i watch a film that has dolby HD audio the amp automatically changes the amp to suit. today i got x men wolverine, which is in dts HD audio. when eatching the film the amp stays in dolby digital for the sound. i have tried to change the settings in film plus via the audio button on the blue ray remote which does not switch it nor even see dts HD in the menus anywhere? sould my aamp screen be desplaying dts HD on the film or not? and is dts HD audio better than dolby digital?

thanks guys

A

Anonymous

Hi

There is a few things to make sure your doing right before we find out if there is a porblem, first thing is that you are connecting the DMP-BD60 Blu Ray player via HDMI to the Denon 1910 amp and then a HDMI from the amplifier back upto the TV you have. If you have done this, there isnt much to do regarding settings, the Denon will output if it is picking up a DTS-HD or Dolby TruHD signal unless the the sound output has been altered to normal Dolby or DTS, i used to own a Denon amp and it was a little tricky when you press buttons and try your best to get it back the way it was not too familiar with the new Denon equipment. Ive seen some pictures of the amplifier you own and they show images of the display showing the HD logo when you have HD audio being sent to the amp, so something is wrong somewhere in the settings or the connections. The one other thing to try is to re-setup the amp and run it through the auto speaker calibration as a last resort, this may help or may not, but will tell your amp that you have the dedicated amount of speakers you are using and could help reset the settings.

As for Blu Ray movies, they dont give you much of a option for sound as they seem to go one way, DTS-HD or Dolby TruHD but there are the odd few films that have both types of HD audio on the disc, if this is the case, then its a personal thing about what sound to choose, from my experience ive always found Dolby TruHD to have a bit more excitement in the audio, where the DTS-HD i found to be sharper in sound but not as exciting.

I hope you get the problem fixed on the amp.

Regards> M

A

Anonymous

maudsley:

can anyone advise me on this,

i have a panasonic bdp 60 blue ray player and denon 1910 amp.

when i watch a film that has dolby HD audio the amp automatically changes the amp to suit. today i got x men wolverine, which is in dts HD audio. when eatching the film the amp stays in dolby digital for the sound. i have tried to change the settings in film plus via the audio button on the blue ray remote which does not switch it nor even see dts HD in the menus anywhere? sould my aamp screen be desplaying dts HD on the film or not? and is dts HD audio better than dolby digital?

thanks guys

I am not familiar with the film or your set up but I might be able to help

First I have found that hardware will not automatically select the best audio

Second you might , believe it or not , find the dts HD master audio under the languages menu

dts HD master audio in my opinion is the superior format ,dolby digital is an inferior audio track compared to HD but can still be good

I also believe some studios are re mastering from dolbytru HD to dts HD master audio

Hope this helps

Regards
Andy

A

Anonymous

hi thanks

yes the blue ray is connected to the amp via hdmi then same out to the tv. have set it up using the audessey setup. then switched it off as advised on here for better sound. when i watch films with dolby hd no problem but this new on in dts hd is not automatically changing and is staying on dolby d

A

Anonymous

I'd go back into the players menus and make sure you've selected the setting for hd output too.

TRENDING THREADS